Thread: ‘Version 285.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered ‘ error message with GeForce 460GTX drivers

‘Version 285.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered ‘ error message with GeForce 460GTX drivers

I am having GeForce 460GTX in SLI. Well I getting following error message ‘Display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver, version 285.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered’ any idea why I am facing above mentioned issue over here. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours so that I can fix the above mentioned issue over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: ‘Version 285.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered ‘ error message with GeForce 460GTX drivers

To get the root cause of the issue I wanted to know about the complete specification of the computer? which version of the driver do you have installed on the computer? Let me know if you are having any other information which will help me out to tell you about the troubleshooting steps.

Re: ‘Version 285.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered ‘ error message with GeForce 460GTX drivers

Well I was also suffering from the same issue which you have stated over here and after doing lots of research I have found that there was issue with the RAM. It was appearing that motherboard can use up to the 8 GB of RAM when making use of SLI. However there was usage of the 4GB of RAM into the 100% of the SLI compatibility mode. The 8GB of RAM with the SLI enabled would cause the instability. Well I have simply remove the 2x2GB of RAM and there was no issue. Also the issue is seems to be resolved when I disable the SLI.
    I am hoping that the information which I have shared will be useful to you.

After going through the issue which you have stated over here I am suggesting following solution which you can try to fix the matter.
    • You should launch the Nvidia Control Panel and then you should go for Video Color Settings window.
    • You should click on the Advanced Tab and make the desire changes and see whether you are able to fix the matter of yours.

Well according to me there is need of adjusting the hardware acceleration on the computer.
    1. Click on Start and go for Control Panel and click on the Appearance and Personalization.
    2. You have to click on the Adjust Screen Resolution under of the Personalization.
    3. Now you have to click on the Display Settings and click on the Advanced Settings.
    4. After that you have to click on Troubleshoot tab from the Monitor Properties.
    5. Click on the Change settings and click on the continue button.
    6. You have to move the Hardware Acceleration to third notch.
    7. Finally click on Ok button and reboot the computer.

You might need to set up Physx setting on the GPU.

You have to launch the NVIDIA Control Panel on the computer.

After that you have to look for the 3D Settings and click on the Set PhysX configuration.

Now you should select the PhysX processor and click on Apply button.

If none of the above mentioned solutions are not working for you than you will need to set up Nvidia control panel to the maximum performance and see what results do you getting after doing the same.

Well I am wondering that there is an issue with the video card driver itself. So I am suggesting that you should simply reinstall the driver on the computer. if there is no change in the situation than you have to roll back the drivers to the previous version. Make sure that you should reboot the computer after completing with the process.

There is chance that the driver which you have installed on the computer might be having the bug issue. The bug issue should be fixed by the developer of the drivers and you should contact the same and see whether you are able to fix the matter or not.