Thread: 2560x1440 resolution of Sony Vaio VPC-Z2 on Dell U2711

2560x1440 resolution of Sony Vaio VPC-Z2 on Dell U2711

I have recently purchased the Sony vaio VPC-Z2 laptop and now i found few setting on it. specially the native resolution of this laptop is 2560x1440. this resolution is being quite brilliant. i want to use this resolution on my external monitor of this laptop. External monitor i used here is Dell U2711. Is is possible to do this task? can anybody explain procedure to do this task? What should be i need that works to do this combinations. Is it possible that i do this task using the HDMI port. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: 2560x1440 resolution of Sony Vaio VPC-Z2 on Dell U2711

Yes, this is possible using the use a straight HDMI cable on your laptop system. This is well for you to do connectivity of external monitor and this laptop. then on your laptop you can do this resolutions setting task with using proper software.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvert View Post
    Yes, this is possible using the use a straight HDMI cable on your laptop system. This is well for you to do connectivity of external monitor and this laptop. then on your laptop you can do this resolutions setting task with using proper software.
    In intel graphics media software you can get facility to set the screen resolution of the external/secondary monitor of your laptop system. with the help of this faciluity you can build custom resoltuion for your external monitor. try it and check its valuable result on your system. this is well for you to fix your complex issue. try this and check its valuabel result onto it. this is well for you to get this facility in advanced way.

The cable mentioned is just ordinary HDMI->DVI and with the help of this cable you can make this connection with an proper manner. by the way when you try to set the screen resolution of the external monitor, then display drivers plays major role here. if you want to do any task on it, you need to update driver of this graphics card that you used for this connectivity. this is necessary to fix any problem that may be arrives due to the connected graphics card. try this and check its result on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy_i3 View Post
    The cable mentioned is just ordinary HDMI->DVI and with the help of this cable you can make this connection with an proper manner. by the way when you try to set the screen resolution of the external monitor, then display drivers plays major role here. if you want to do any task on it, you need to update driver of this graphics card that you used for this connectivity. this is necessary to fix any problem that may be arrives due to the connected graphics card. try this and check its result on your system.
    YOU need to use screen refresh rate for setting the screen resolution of external monitor to its higher stage. In such case, digital "refresh rate" which is merely a minimal interval for change of the display content helps to do your task in proper way. try this and hcekc its result on your system. in that situations you need to simply a adjust the screen refresh rate of the external monitor. this will be work to fix your problem. try this and check what things happen on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-R View Post
    YOU need to use screen refresh rate for setting the screen resolution of external monitor to its higher stage. In such case, digital "refresh rate" which is merely a minimal interval for change of the display content helps to do your task in proper way. try this and hcekc its result on your system. in that situations you need to simply a adjust the screen refresh rate of the external monitor. this will be work to fix your problem. try this and check what things happen on it.
    Display controller in the graphics card works to do this connectivity. try this with using such Display controller. This display controller offer a wide range of display output options, display resolution capabilities, and features of this external monitor. This is well for you to set the screen resolutions of your laptop system.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeryjon View Post
    Display controller in the graphics card works to do this connectivity. try this with using such Display controller. This display controller offer a wide range of display output options, display resolution capabilities, and features of this external monitor. This is well for you to set the screen resolutions of your laptop system.
    This SOny vaio laptop does sort of support WQXGA over HDMI>DVI cable. hence i would be suggest to you for solving your complex problem on it. try thsi and check what happening on it. custom resolution works in such conditions. try this and check what things happen on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnbuP View Post
    This SOny vaio laptop does sort of support WQXGA over HDMI>DVI cable. hence i would be suggest to you for solving your complex problem on it. try thsi and check what happening on it. custom resolution works in such conditions. try this and check what things happen on it.
    YOu can try to change my resolution through nvidia control panal. It works to delivers the highest network throughput at the lowest CPU utilization. Featuring innovative multimedia, application, and display management, as well as setting the screen resolution of the external monitor system. try this and check what things appear on it.