Thread: VGA output crashing on external monitor of Sony Vaio SB

VGA output crashing on external monitor of Sony Vaio SB

Last month i purchase Sony Vaio SB laptop and now i heard about this laptop. The reason is being simple. when i try to connect external monitor to this laptop via VGA, it immediate crashed. I don't know the basic reason behind this but i need some techniques to fix this issue. Situations is to be when i try to connect external monitor to the laptop using this VGA, it connects. But it only shows thin grey lines. Nothing will be appear on this external monitor screen. Also one major think here is that it doesn't affected to the laptop screen. what was the reason behind it. Please explain it in carefully. Thanks for any help.

Re: VGA output crashing on external monitor of Sony Vaio SB

In thus situations first simple solutions is being try to update drivers of the VGA port. you get this VGA port and its driver information on Device manager. Hence try to do update VGA driver task on it. This is well for you and it will be work to fix your complex issue. Try it and check what happens on your system. Hope that it works to put best output task on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oms-waroop View Post
    In thus situations first simple solutions is being try to update drivers of the VGA port. you get this VGA port and its driver information on Device manager. Hence try to do update VGA driver task on it. This is well for you and it will be work to fix your complex issue. Try it and check what happens on your system. Hope that it works to put best output task on it.
    This electronic interference happens on this VGA connectivity, due to a grounding issue. YOu can try to check the power supply groundding connectivity with your external laptop. This will be work to provide grounding power supply to this external power supply. DO this power connectivity with grounding phase supply on your monitor. then check its result. I hope that you got its best result on your system. I hope this time you got best solutions over this issue.

Same laptop i used for external monitor connectivity. I run an external monitor through VGA and have no problems like the lines disappear. Initial situations i found that such problem is being arrives on it but after adjusting refresh rates over 80 on the external screen works well. Now i was able to fix this complex issue. You can also apply this on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Anvita View Post
    Same laptop i used for external monitor connectivity. I run an external monitor through VGA and have no problems like the lines disappear. Initial situations i found that such problem is being arrives on it but after adjusting refresh rates over 80 on the external screen works well. Now i was able to fix this complex issue. You can also apply this on your system.
    YOu need to set the native resolution of your external monitor. All LCD screens can actually display only a single given resolution referred to as the native resolution. You need to use this resolution on this external monitor. this is well for you to fix such complex issues on it. Try this and check what things happen on it.

If you already set your own resolution for this external monitor, Try to set it to default stage. This is necessary because the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel has been uncomfortable with the setting that would be set with this external monitor. YOu can here use reset task and check its valuable result on it. This is well for you to fix such complex issue. Try it and check what things happen on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bageshri27 View Post
    If you already set your own resolution for this external monitor, Try to set it to default stage. This is necessary because the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel has been uncomfortable with the setting that would be set with this external monitor. YOu can here use reset task and check its valuable result on it. This is well for you to fix such complex issue. Try it and check what things happen on it.
    If you are using set of nvidia drivers, do the video drivers update. In that process, you need to perform this video driver update task on your laptop system. For doing this task, use online help. there are sevearl sites provides lates VGA compatible drivers that works to make this connecitons in proper way. try to use such things for your connectivity. This will be work to make good connections and in result you got the much waited result on your external monitor.

The same kind of problem arrives on my sony laptop. I don't remember exactly, I tried three or four times latest drivers update task on it but result is not positive. Then i enable Extended Desktop mode of this laptop. It works to fix problem and now all the VGA connectivity with the external monitor works brilliantly. If you want to do this task apply below instructions on your system.
    • Open Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel software on your laptop.
    • Go to Display Devices-> Extended Desktop-> Multiple Display.
    • Finally choose name of the Primary Device and Secondary Device.
    • Click Apply and OK button.
    • That's it.

Aftre finishing this process, you can easily connect your external monitor to laptop via VGA port.

You can also do this process, without using the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel software. In such process, right-click on desktop. Then choose-> Graphics Options-> Output To-> Extended Desktop. This is simple way that works to enable the external monitor connectivity on your laptop system. I try this and get positive reply. You can also check this process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-R View Post
    You can also do this process, without using the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel software. In such process, right-click on desktop. Then choose-> Graphics Options-> Output To-> Extended Desktop. This is simple way that works to enable the external monitor connectivity on your laptop system. I try this and get positive reply. You can also check this process.
    Intel Dual Display Clone helps to transfer same resolution, data, and color depth, but dissimilar refresh rates to multiple monitor system. YOu can also try this multiple monitor connectivity using this Intel Dual Display Clone mode, if it presents. The target is getting laptop output on multiple monitor system and with the help of this mode you can also achieve this task. It's not necessary in this case to use any standard for this external monitor connectivity.

Thanks for valuable different kind of suggestions and solution but i used Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel software. It works well on my laptop and in result i was able to make connections with external monitor via VGA connectivity.