Thread: FPS is low extremely with AMD Radeon HD 6950

FPS is low extremely with AMD Radeon HD 6950

Hello friends I was using AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card in my computer and I have windows 7 operating system in my PC. In my computer I am facing problem while playing game. when I play bad company 2 game in my computer at that time I get FPS around 25 to 35 which I extremely low. I don’t know what is wrong. Please help me with this.

Re: FPS is low extremely with AMD Radeon HD 6950

I have read your problem and I would like to first tell you that what your computer specification is. In your problem you have not mentioned anything regarding your computer specification. I will also suggest you to try check whether problem occurs with the bad company 2 game only or problem is with the other game also.

I will also suggest you the same you have to first open the game in which you are facing problem and then you have to go to the game setting and then select the graphic seating and select the lower graphic setting from there. Now after selecting the lower graphic setting you have to check whether you are facing same problem with the FPS or not. you have to also change the resolution of the game and after changing the resolution of the game you have to check whether problem get solved or not.

I am telling you this because many times by changing the setting of the graphics or resolution can help to solve this type of issues. You should try this solution and after trying this let me know whether it makes any difference or not. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.

If you are facing this problem in your computer with any specific game only and with other games all the things are working fine then I think may be the system requirement of that game does not match with your computer specification and that is why you are facing this problem. You have to first make sure that your system specification match with the requirement of the game.

In my computer I have Phenom II x4 965 processor and AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card. In my computer I am using Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard. I have checked about the requirements and my system specification is enough to run the game and problem occurs with all the game in my computer. I have also tried to solve this problem by changing the graphic setting and after doing that also same problem is occurring again and again.

If anyone have solution regarding this then please help me.

As you have mentioned that problem occurs with all the games in your computer and that is why I think there is something wrong with the graphic card drivers in your system. You have to first open the device manager in your computer and afar opening the device manager you have to select the graphic card device and then you have to uninstall the drivers of the AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card and after uninstalling the drivers you have to restar the computer. now after restarting the PC you have to insert the drivers installation CD of the AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card in your computer and after that you have to install the drivers . Now after installing the drivers you have to check whether FPS problem get solved or not.

Many times by installing the updated graphic drivers this type of problem can get solved and that is why I will suggest you to download the latest drivers for your AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card and after downloading the latest drivers for your AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card you have to remove the old drivers and after that install the latest drivers and then your problem can get solved.

To download the latest drivers for your AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card you have to visit the official site of the AMD and then you have to search for your card and then download the drivers or you can download by clicking on the DOWNLOAD. I hope this will be helpful for you.

If reinstalling drivers for your AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card and updating the drivers also does not help you to fix this issue then you should try to fix this issue by updating the BIOS in your computer and after updating the BIOS in your computer your problem might get solved.

Updating the BIOS can resolve many issues and that is why I am giving you this suggestion. I hope it will fix this issue.

To update the BIOS in your computer you have to follow these steps.

• Visit the official site of the motherboard manufacturer site.
    • Search for the motherboard model and then download the latest BIOS update file.
    • Create the bootable disk to update the BIOS.
    • Now after that update the BIOS.
    • After that check whether it makes any difference or not

I was also having problem with the FPS with my AMD Radeon HD 5870 graphic card and after that I have tried many solutions to fix this issue but none of the solution helped me to solve this problem. now after that I came to know that problem is with my graphic card and after that I have replaced the card and after that FPX problem in my computer get solved. According to me in your case also problem is with the graphic card.

I have first tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the drivers of the AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphic card but that doesn’t helped e to solve this issue and after that I have downloaded the latest drivers from the internet and then installed that in my PC and then my problem get solved. Thank you for helping me.