Thread: Help - Need driver to install ATI Mobility Radeon X700 in Ubuntu 11.10

Help - Need driver to install ATI Mobility Radeon X700 in Ubuntu 11.10

As per title suggest, i want to insert this ATI mobile Radeon X700 video card in laptop. I have an Asus A6VA with Ubuntu 11.10. I try to do this task, but after finishing this insertion on laptop it ask me about drivers for this connectivity. Can anybody help me to fix this complex task? Thanks.

re: Help - Need driver to install ATI Mobility Radeon X700 in Ubuntu 11.10

You can here use the Free, Open Source driver for many ATI graphics cards called "radeon" or "ati". This is as mentioned open source and it will be work to make the combinations with the video card with this Ubuntu 11.10 OS. Try to get its result on your system and check its valuable result on this system. This is well for you. Its better to to use the open source driver. the reason behind it is simple. Downloaded driver doesn't been run well on this Ubuntu system.

Quote Originally Posted by Anvita View Post
    You can here use the Free, Open Source driver for many ATI graphics cards called "radeon" or "ati". This is as mentioned open source and it will be work to make the combinations with the video card with this Ubuntu 11.10 OS. Try to get its result on your system and check its valuable result on this system. This is well for you. Its better to to use the open source driver. the reason behind it is simple. Downloaded driver doesn't been run well on this Ubuntu system.
    No configuration is necessary for ATI driver in the modern versions of Ubuntu. This is possible when you need to safely remove xorg.conf onto it. this will be gives responce on it and it will be work to fix your complex issues. Try to do this task and check its result on your system. removing this xorg.conf will be work to fix such complex issues onto it.

Ubuntu 9.10 and later supports Kernel Mode Settings (KMS) in ATI driver. hence you need to get the Kernel Mode Settings and use it for getting the ati driver for your system. This is well for you and it will be work to fix your complex issue. With the help of super user privileges, its better way to configure xorg.conf file on it. This will be work to fix your problem.