Thread: How to overclock MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition?

How to overclock MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition?

Can any one of you experts help me out. I have a 1 month old MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition which I want to overclock for my personal advance need. Hope you guys are understanding my needs. Is it preferable or should I switch to another? Should I do overclocking? Please I need help.

re: How to overclock MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition?

In my opinion the most preferable is the Sapphire Toxic. I am confident in what I am saying and I can bet on it. Also would like to inform you that this card is I mean the 6970 is with shaders disable through BIOS and which can only be unlocked by double BIOS switch. Also its hardware with a capacity connector of 8-pin+6-pin, so it can be flashed with a 6970 BIOS without any queasy impacts. Additionally MSI had launched a BIOS previous for TFIII to unlock supplemental shaders, it could still work.

There is no need to fret over unlocking the additional shaders. If you are able to, great. If not, oc the card to 900/1400 and you will get 98% of the performance of a 6970 anyways. Look for a card with good cooling. That is way more important.

Even though I haven't attempted that far, I am getting a sensation on stock volts, it would not be able to compass there. 850/1300 is effectively reachable however. Cost of the Toxic form is 16.8k + VAT, which I feel is sensible enough.

You have an excellent and skilled apparatus enough to run multi gpu setup-my prescription is to get one or several Sapphire HD6950 1Gb at 13.2k now and depending on if you are purchasing one unite one later-2x HD6950s will skim through any amusements. I would be able to run my cards at 883/1375 on 1125 mv, for mandating diversions like Crysis 2, Witcher 2, Metro 2033 and whatnot. I could state that I could probably prod it more to scope 900/1400 on 1130 mv assuming that I feel like it. Temps go up by around 10 degrees or something like that. on stock clocks and volts, my cards run at around 53 degrees on convention fan settings at full stack. When I run my OC profile, it ascends to 64 degrees on full stack.

I wish i had a super cooler on my card. My fan profile is matched to the temps. 50% speed at 50 degrees, 60% at 60 degrees then after that 70% from then on. It constructs a touch of clamor but i don't perceive with the headphones on tbh. I in addition take my card out each month and get over the dust on the fans with an old toothbrush and blow a hairdryer in the hole in the middle of the pcb and the vapor chamber.

I'm certain you do it but assuming that you haven't finished it freshly, tidy the vents on the bureau. precipitates a tremendous improvement to the wind current inside. temps go around 5 degrees or more when you have wiped out every last trace of the dust separates, vents, fans esp the CPU fans where clean balls will usually collect like anything.

Power Edition Architecture
    • - 6+2 Phase PWM Design
    • - Triple Over-Voltage Function
    • -Support voltage adjustment of GPU, memory & VDDCI.
    • - Unleash GPU performance totally.
    • - MSI Afterburner overclocking utility
    • - Supports advanced fan speed control.
    • - Supports burn-in stability test.
    • -Higher current to GPU Power.
    • - Higher overclocking capability.
    • - Better stability in peak load.

MSI does what it does most fit, tweaking equipment. They took the R6950 GPU, and discarded the rest. They outlined a brand new PCB stacked with items and overclocking potential, slapped some totally cool memory on the card and finished off that GPU with the all late Twin Frozr III cooler. The revamped cooler permits elevated tickers with easy volume levels AND keeps the card really darn cool. That would be likely a win. Then MSI united stuff, a small micro-switch to control fan RPM in an exhibition or noiseless mode, you get triple voltage emphasizes through MSI's exclusive AfterBurner overclocking product and obviously MSI's Military class II segment mode.

The just thing you are able to look at is overclocking with the Afterburner OC requisition that the card clocks as well as a card that is fluid cooled.We take this card over a full GHz today on the illustrations guts, and that declares a part regarding the tough objective without a doubt.

MSI is clearing the street again by launching a graphic card with their particular configuration; this time the Radeon HD 6950 works toward getting armed with their particular PCB, the late TwinFrozr III cooler and 2 GB of graphics memory.