Thread: ATI Radeon X1900 Overheating due to Legacy Drivers

ATI Radeon X1900 Overheating due to Legacy Drivers

My system is combination of Windows 7 32 bit and ATI Radeon X1900. The most recent Legacy drivers meant for this card (10.2) are causing card to overheat while I run games similar to StarCraft 2 as well as Dragon Age 2. My fan will set out mad, my computer will begin to beep, and the display will flash. I also have a graphical glitch within DA2 that is barely fixed by way of the Legacy drivers.

Re: ATI Radeon X1900 Overheating due to Legacy Drivers

The heat transfer between heat sink and GPU is bad Gpu hot-cold heat sink for example, by too much / too little or WLP lack of downforce.

Measured diode is defective some graphics cards, the temperature can be on the solder side of Map feel when you tap on the connection of the Gpu. Due to the many hundreds of solder joint is also the heat transfer from the Gpu through the board quite well (some cards have, therefore, there a cooler)

The appearance of your graphics card, I do not know unfortunately. In my graphics card are located under a cover plate air ducts. These are made over time with fluff. The result is that the GPU, despite maximal running fan, heated. Because this contamination is not visible from the outside, it must - then this is for my graphics card - the cover can be unscrewed to clean the air channels. Thereafter, no temperature problems remain.

Either you can manually turn the fan of GPU higher, or trying to get a better exchange of air in the enclosure Or are you doing on the housing wall and look whether the Temps.

The VF-900 Zalman cools less than the stock cooler on the X1900. I read somewhere es review where they tested. Thought the Accelero X2 is better since it did, but I'm not sure. For HD 2900 is the VF-900 course much less suitable

Since the card before the Riva Tuner problems, made it can also be a hardware defect. Colorful pictures are never good for a freeze, could be more of VRAM. And the X1900 cards have always been hot-headed and are already old. But try as before even close to other causes. Is your CPU overclocked? If so it contacts back to the default clock times, the RAM never hurts to check.

For the X1900 XT actually 90 C are usually not a problem unless the fan is completely covered with dust, etc. According to ATI, the pain threshold is as high as 120 C, there are some who prepares the card under load at 92 C, no problems. Generally you should so really, if you are not overclocked, have no problems, so something weird, but possible.

it seems to me that the cooling system of your CPU is not strong enough to keep the system as cool as possible. Do you think that the CPU cooler is properly working and it is keeping the CPU and memory temps stable, then matter is completely different with the GPU. The GPU needs more cooling power than other peripherals at some certain circumstances. Due to excessive usage to GPU might be causing the temp to rise higher. Adjusting the fan speed also doesn't resolve this issue. Better solution is go for water cooling or something more advanced.