Thread: How to remove Random Green Pixels from monitor

How to remove Random Green Pixels from monitor

My system uses Radeon 5870 HD and at any time I'm at a dark display or occasionally even lighter images on top of my desktop. More, I have small green specs flickering on top of my display. I do observe this trouble in games as well as movies too. How to fix this? I doubt that they are dead pixels for the reason that they come into view in unsystematic locations.

Re: How to remove Random Green Pixels from monitor

It sounds like a hoax but it is not. There are dozens and dozens of testimonials about the effectiveness of this technique spread the web.

Anyway if you try extra careful that you risk ruining the monitor ... definitely tried at your own risk!

• Turn off the computer
    • Take a damp cloth and apply a little pressure on the dead pixel trying to be as accurate as possible
    • While pressing the cloth turn on the computer and monitor
    • Stop press and found the result :-)

This "SHOULD" expand the liquid crystal fluid (pardon the pun) and "plug" the dead pixel. I know it's hard to believe but sometimes the internet is the best "technical guide" you can imagine.

I tried to do what has been said, I tried to use a video that flashes the colors red, green and blue but to no avail, my iMac does not want to leave that horrible green pixel. I do not understand why it worked a lot and I do not. Yet I turned off the iMac, but first I have placed with a cleaning cloth for glasses, a bit wet, I turned off and on by holding down the dead and even waving his finger by moving the internal fluid hoping that he was going but despite he did it more than once, nothing to do.

I searched the web model of monitor you have written above, but I have not found anything, it seems that there is.. However, if this problem occurs, it means that the monitor is defective. If you proceed with the warranty repair. Jump to whom you sold it you ask for info! If not under warranty, ask the same, but probably with the same money you spend, we will buy a new monitor!

I realized the problem once installed everything (drivers, codecs and all), I occasionally appeared a green dots on the screen, only in Windows 7. They were not dead pixels, I made sure that when you move a window where there was one, and moved with her. Thus it was dismissed by the monitor.

I advise you to install LCDcleaner. This software fixes 60% of defective pixels in LCDs by flashing the screen.

The same thing happens to me every time I video card to the contacts above and the green points are likely to be artifacts. Have you overclocked your graphics card, graphics card, if so please staggered back into the original state? If you have not overclocked should reduce the clock speed of the memory and the GPU show up until no more artifacts

Ideally, try the monitor on another PC.

But if the pixels are wrong but not "dead" may appear at the time perfectly.

Look in the warranty, how bad pixel must have to have it changed.

There are methods to try to "revive".

Problem seems to be physical display flex. Try a hard reset after BIOS settings Restoration Projects Try connecting an external monitor and if there are no green pixels is flex problem and requires repair or replacement of parts, you must go to a trusted technician

Yesterday a reboot seemed to solve the problem, but after a few minutes I again had this bug by presentation, and now this applies to new areas. I also saw a flashing green pixel by opening my applications

Well not from today in recent hours, my youngest is a Radeon3870, I've never grilled I believe, for against the pixels you see, appear during overclocks too high or when the card gets too hot.
    You probably should check that the fan of your card runs well and to remove the dust in detail.