Thread: AMD Radeon HD 6990 Overclocking switch

AMD Radeon HD 6990 Overclocking switch

I am a fresher to overclocking generally; as a result i had some questions regarding the 6990's Oc switch. I previously recognize what to do pretty much, except my problem is, do i have to accomplish whatever thing dissimilar if i have 2 of them inside my setup? Pretty much shut down computer and switch the two switches up and place the computer back on and done?

Re: AMD Radeon HD 6990 Overclocking switch

AMD Radeon HD 6990 has the fastest video card currently in the hands, with an overclocking switch users even further enables two GPUs to run from 830 to 880 MHz clock speed. With this overclocking, the card is significantly more power, causing the power supply and motherboards are taxed more heavily. Therefore recommends that AMD has to make a good quality food and decent motherboards to use both are capable of longer time to deliver this high power.

AMD is dedicated to overclocking function built on the same level as the use of various over-clocking software from third parties. To ensure that your Radeon HD 6990 does not overclock without knowing of the impending loss of warranty, pasted over the manufacturer to switch the map with a warranty sticker and makes it also depends on the operating system startup through a window to point out that by overclocking the card lose the warranty. Remove the sticker for the guarantee, it goes out.

AMD claims its HD 6990 can be overclocked well, especially if the special bios used - even extinguishes in most manufacturers warranty. In Nvidia's presentation was however no mention of overclocking the GTX 590.

We decided to make the 830MHz clocked HD 6990 to run without the special switch. In addition, we knew a clock speed of 950MHz to reach an overclock of just under fifteen percent.

Fortunately, not all partners of AMD's so difficult about this, because yesterday against Kitguru XFX confirmed that the state of overclocking the Radeon HD 6990 from XFX falls within the warranty. When a card fails as a result of using this overclocking mode is the manufacturer for a replacement willing to offer.

Recall that the Radeon HD 6990 have the mechanical switch with which to change the bios covered with an adhesive, which signals to go and read the manual of the card and the information contained in the page above in order to take note of the existing limitations in overclocking with reference to the guarantee.

The new, synthetically, says that amd ensures the functioning of its card in overclocking, but not to incur any damage it may cause other components, especially the power supplies.

XFX or a replacement HD 6990 delivers a specific unstable appears to work in the OC status of 880 MHz, but at the standard speed of 830 MHz is not yet known. Besides this statement regarding the guarantee of overclocking mode of the XFX HD 6990 gives them least 750 watts of power used, which of course they recommend their own power.

It is hoped that other AMD partners follow the example from XFX and also guarantee the overclocking mode of GeForce 6990, for the support of AMD, we do not (yet) to count.