Thread: After connecting Philips 32PFL5606H with ATI Radeon HD 5870 via HDMI Screen is flickering

After connecting Philips 32PFL5606H with ATI Radeon HD 5870 via HDMI Screen is flickering

I am using MSI GX660 notebook laptop and I have windows 7 operating system in my laptop. I have recently purchased Philips 32PFL5606H LED TV. Now when I try to connect my Philips 32PFL5606H LED TV with laptop at that time I screen flickers. Please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: After connecting Philips 32PFL5606H with ATI Radeon HD 5870 via HDMI Screen is flickering

First thing I will suggest you is connect your LED TV with different HDMI cable and after connecting it with different HDMI cable you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if after connecting the TV with different HDMI cable also if you are facing the same problem then I think something wrong with the TV otherwise problem is with your HDMI cable.

Re: After connecting Philips 32PFL5606H with ATI Radeon HD 5870 via HDMI Screen is flickering

As far as I know in the Philips 32PFL5606H TV there are three ports of the HDMI and I would like to ask you that have you tried another two HDMI ports of the Philips 32PFL5606H TV? If you have not tried to connect the laptop with different HDMI port of your Philips 32PFL5606H TV then first you have to remove the HDMI cable from the HDMI port of the TV and then you have tom connect it with another HDMI port and after connecting with another HDMI port you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. if you are facing the same problem with all three of HDMI port in your TV then I think problem is with your Philips 32PFL5606H LED TV only.

I hope this solution will help you to fix this issue. If you need any more information then please let me know.

According to me you should first check whether there is any option related to the HDMI in your Philips 32PFL5606H TV or not. if there are no options related to the HDMI in your Philips 32PFL5606H then you should check whether all the setting related to the HDMI are proper or not. if you find any wrong setting there then you have to first correct all the setting and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

I have tried to search the solution for this issue and after that I have come to know that in the Catalyst Control Center there is a option called LCD overdrive and you should enable the that option and after that check whether screen is flickering or not. As far as I know after turning on the LDV overdrive option your problem will get solved.

If you are still facing the same problem then you should also check whether other settings in the Catalyst Control Center are proper or not. Because many times due to wrong setting also this type of problem can take place.

Well if none of the above solution help you to get rid of this issue then you have to first disconnect your Philips 32PFL5606H from your laptop and after disconnecting your Philips 32PFL5606H from your laptop you have to connect it with different laptop. Now after connecting the TV with different laptop you have to check whether you are facing screen flickering issue with that or not. If you are facing the screen flickering issue in your TV after connecting the TV with different laptop also then I think problem is with the TV only and if you are not facing the same problem then there might be something wrong with your laptop.

First try this trick so that you can understand about what the exact problem is.

I have tried all the HDMI ports on my Philips 32PFL5606H TV and with all the ports I am facing same problem. Now after that I have also tried different HDMI cable with no luck. When I connect my Philips 32PFL5606H TV with other laptop at that time it works like a charm. I have also check all the setting in my laptop and TV but still results are same. Please tell me how to get rid of this issue?

According to me you should first uninstall the Catalyst Control Center from your MSI GX660 notebook and after uninstalling the catalyst control center from your MSI GX660 notebook you have to download the Ccleaner and then you have to run it in your laptop and after that restart the MSI GX660 notebook.

After restarting the laptop you have to uninstall insert the driver installation disk in your MSI GX660 notebook and after that you have to install catalyst control center again in your MSI GX660 notebook and after installing that in your laptop you have to check whether same problem is coming or not. I think after trying this solution your problem might get solved.

If reinstalling the catalyst control center in your MSI GX660 notebook also if you are getting the same issue then you have to visit the official site of the MSI and after vesting the official site of the MSI you have to download the latest graphic drivers for your MSI GX660 notebook and after that you have to install that in your laptop and after that you have to check what the result is.

If installing the drivers from the MSI website does not make any difference then you have to visit the ATI official site and after visiting the ATI website you have to download the drivers for ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5870 and after that you have to install that in your laptop and after installing that in your laptop your problem will get fixed.

As you have suggested that I have to update the drivers in MSI laptop and after that I have downloaded the latest drivers from the ATI official site and after downloading the drivers for ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5870 I have installed that in my laptop and after installing that when I connect TV with laptop at that time all the things started working fine. thanks for the help.