Thread: Need a MSI MS-1715b Megabook TV tuner driver

Need a MSI MS-1715b Megabook TV tuner driver

Hello everyone I am having the MSI MS-1715b Megabook and I am in the search of a driver for the particular TV tuner the hardware id that was given there was usb\vid_14AA&pid_0221&rev_0521&MI_00. So in order to view the TV I would need a driver first and hence I would like to ask it from you all as if which would be the best recommended solution for me that’s what I am waiting for. So do reply accordingly on the same.

Re: Need a MSI MS-1715b Megabook TV tuner driver

Quote Originally Posted by silvery View Post
    Hello everyone I am having the MSI MS-1715b Megabook and I am in the search of a driver for the particular TV tuner the hardware id that was given there was usb\vid_14AA&pid_0221&rev_0521&MI_00. So in order to view the TV I would need a driver first and hence I would like to ask it from you all as if which would be the best recommended solution for me that’s what I am waiting for. So do reply accordingly on the same.
    Why don’t you visit the msi’s official page for the downloads and I am sure you will get all the necessary drivers that you were looking out for so I think that is the ideal lace that you should be checking I hope you did understood what I am saying here that’s what I want to say here. so I would ask you to first have a check about the same and I am sure you will get all he necessary things that you were looking out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    Why don’t you visit the msi’s official page for the downloads and I am sure you will get all the necessary drivers that you were looking out for so I think that is the ideal lace that you should be checking I hope you did understood what I am saying here that’s what I want to say here. so I would ask you to first have a check about the same and I am sure you will get all he necessary things that you were looking out for.
    Thanks for the necessary suggestion I did have a check about the same and all I could find is the rivers for an L745. Now I don’t know whether that is the perfect driver or not. For a conformation I also checked whether the proper drivers are installed in the system and all I can find is that windows saying that there are no drivers for the tv.

So what would you like to suggest from your side so you all have anything to say here. waiting for the necessary help from you all. Do reply accordingly on the same.

Ok do one thing give me a proper information of the bios and also the system information that would do for me. So that I can suggest you the appropriate driver for the same so that’s what I am asking for you. I hope you must be knowing how to get an access for the same so do that accordingly and let me know as soon as possible.

Yes I have checked with the bios and here is the information’
    Bios version : A1037IMS V1.01 08/04/06
    EC Version : 1.9

So I hope this was the necessary information that you were looking for and in case if there is anything that you would like to know about my systems information then please do add here I will try and report it to you as quickly as possible.

Yes I have checked with the bios and here is the information’
    Bios version : A1037IMS V1.01 08/04/06
    EC Version : 1.9

So I hope this was the necessary information that you were looking for and in case if there is anything that you would like to know about my systems information then please do add here I will try and report it to you as quickly as possible.
    Just go to the MSI’s website and search for the following drivers also do add your particular systems information there and do check out for the necessary drivers i.e. Wideviewer TV Tuner_Hybrid or Wideviewer TV Tuner_Digital. Do select any one of them and I am sure that it will be of good use for you, that’s what I am saying here. so that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haben View Post
    Just go to the MSI’s website and search for the following drivers also do add your particular systems information there and do check out for the necessary drivers i.e. Wideviewer TV Tuner_Hybrid or Wideviewer TV Tuner_Digital. Do select any one of them and I am sure that it will be of good use for you, that’s what I am saying here. so that’s it from my side for you.
    Yes exactly these are the drivers that I was talking about early on and I just want to say that it did not work for me at all. So it would be better if you can give me some information on the other drivers I have tried both of them that you have mentioned earlier as well it did not work for me.

So do you think I will be needing the bios update for the same if you have any of the replies for the same then do pass on the information to me that’s what I want to say here.

I would say that just check properly if you have entered the valid information of your product before going with the download of the driver that’s what I would like to know from you. So you should be entering the product name as well as the operating system perfectly then only you will be getting a proper information for the same. so hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haben View Post
    I would say that just check properly if you have entered the valid information of your product before going with the download of the driver that’s what I would like to know from you. So you should be entering the product name as well as the operating system perfectly then only you will be getting a proper information for the same. so hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you.
    Yes you got me there in the first incident I had accidentally typed a wrong OS I.e. my OS is windows 7 and I had accidentally mentioned windows Vista. So probably that would be the factor why it is giving me inappropriate drivers don’t you all think so.

Yes you got me there in the first incident I had accidentally typed a wrong OS I.e. my OS is windows 7 and I had accidentally mentioned windows Vista. So probably that would be the factor why it is giving me inappropriate drivers don’t you all think so.
    I doubt if that could be the case since there is no major changes in the drivers and all in both the operating systems. Yes it is very important to mention if it is for the 32 bit or the 64 bit. So that’s what you should be checking out first. I hope you did understand what I am saying here. So if you have mentioned the correct bits in the required boxes and also if you have mentioned the correct operating system then I don’t think so that would be any problem at all. So that’s what I want to say here tahts it from my side for you all.

In case if nothing is working for you then I would say that have a chat with the msi customer support regarding the same and I am sure that they would advise you accordingly on the same that’s what I am saying here. I am sure that would be the last option for you but yes you would definitely get an idea as if where you could have gone wrong.

So try having a chat with them about the same and I am sure that it will work out with you.