Thread: Unable to get sound after connecting dell inspiron 620 with TV via HDMI

Unable to get sound after connecting dell inspiron 620 with TV via HDMI

I am using dell inspiron 620 desktop computers from last few months and I have recently bought Samsung LCD TV. Now I tried to connect my TV with my PC through HDMI cable at that time I get picture properly but doesn’t get sound. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

If anyone facing the same problem and have solution then please helps me.

Re: Unable to get sound after connecting dell inspiron 620 with TV via HDMI

As you have said that you are not getting sounds after connecting your desktop with your LCD TV and that is why I will first suggest you have to make sure that you have connected the HDMI cable with properly. I am telling you this because many times due to loose connection also this type of problem can take place.

if you are facing this problem after connecting the HDMI cable with your computer properly then you have to try to connect your computer with your LCD TV by using different HDMI cable and after connecting the TV with your computer using different cable you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. If your problem get solved after using different HDMI cable then it means problem was the HDMI cable which you are using.

If you get the same problem after using the different HDMI cable with your system then I think this problem is occurred because of settings. You have to check in your computer whether all the sound related setting is proper or not. If you notice any wrong setting then correct the setting first and after that check whether your problem get solved or not.

Did you tried to connect your LCD TV with different computer or laptop? If you have not tried then you should first connect your LCD TV with different machine and after that you have to check whether same problem is coming or not. If you get the same problem then I think there might be something wrong with your TV and if the entire things work fine with different TV then problem is with your dell inspiron 620 desktop.

There was similar problem occurred with my system also and I was also not getting the sound after connecting computer with my TV and after that I have checked my TV with different machine and at that time all the things were working fine and then I came to know that this problem was occurred because of the sound driver and that is why I have first uninstalled the sound drivers from my computer and after uninstalling the sound drivers from my computer I have reboot the PC and then I have installed the sound driver again in my computer and after installing the sound driver again in my computer all the things started working fine.

I think you should also try this solution and after that your problem might get solved.

I will also suggest you the same. By reinstalling the sound driver in your dell inspiron 620 desktop you can fix this issue. If reinstalling the dell inspiron 620 desktop if you are facing the same problem then you have to download the latest drivers from the internet and after that you have to update the drivers in your computer and after updating the drivers your problem will get solved.

Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

If you want to download the latest sound drivers for your dell inspiron 620 desktop then you can download the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD. I hope after installing this your problem will get solved.

I have one solution to fix this issue. If you are facing problem while connecting the computer with your TV using HDMI cable then you should connect the TV with your dell inspiron 620 desktop by using VGA to HDMI or DVI to HDMI cable whichever is applicable for you and after connecting through that you have to check whether you are getting sound or not. If your problem get solved with that then you should use that cable only instead of using HDMI cable. I hope this idea will help you to solve this issue.

I have tried different HDMI cable with my computer and after trying different HDMI cable also I was getting the same problem and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the sound drivers and after reinstalling the sound drivers also I was still facing the same problem. I have checked my sound drivers and they are updated. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know you must be using HDMI connection on the motherboard Input Output panel which is designed to use only with the PC monitor, if you want to use your LCD TV then you have to install PCIeX16 Video card which has HDMI video and audio.

Thanks for helping me. There is no PCIeX16 Video card installed in my desktop and I am using my motherboard input out panel. Now after reading your reply I have stopped trying to connect my TV with my desktop and now I am looking to purchase PCIeX16 Video card as you have said and after that I will use my TV with my computer.