Thread: Bsod on my windows after installing NVIDIA GeForce gt 540m

Bsod on my windows after installing NVIDIA GeForce gt 540m

I am constantly getting blue screen on Samsung RF511-S02 after re-installing the driver of NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M. I got a notification for driver update and I clicked on that. But after that the system just started crashing. I am not able to do anything. This is a official driver update and I was not expecting this crash. Is there anyone who can help me to fix the issue. How can I fix it.

You can go ahead with system restore. Boot your pc in safe mode so that your pc wont crash instantly. Then boot your pc in safe mode and run system restore. Look for a old date when your pc was working fine. This will restore the old settings back making your pc more stable. System restore is the best way to fix a lot of problem in your pc. And this time avoid installing the drivers. I only go ahead with updates when its needed.

You have to find the cause of crash. There can be some other thing also. For that you have to provide the complete description of error you are facing. Just go in Event Viewer and click on the latest crash. Copy the full description and add the same here. There can be some other thing as well which is creating the problem. System restore will help you to get the old settings back, but in future if you go for update this problem will appear back.