Thread: Build a PC with two GTX 580 SLI

Build a PC with two GTX 580 SLI

I am in the keen of to buy a prebuilt computer intended for gaming (purposely Battlefield 3!) and be interested in to finally run 2 GTX 580'S (SLI), except for costs would merely install single 580 at this moment therefore I would require a system intended to be upgradeable to SLI during the near future. After doing some research I finally come to the conclusion that the i5 will be enough for present games. I don’t think that I need much RAM? I am just looking for fast FPS! Can anyone tell me the proper specification for my needs?

Re: Build a PC with two GTX 580 SLI

AS far as I know the hardcore PC gamer or high-end forces should consider two configurations. The first configuration will be made with the latest Sandy Bridge platform while the second will be close to the dream machine based on an X58 chipset.

For both configurations we will keep the same set case + power supply with the choice for a set or a set Antec NZXT and the same hard disk, drive, SSD and cooler.

You can choose the solution to your graphic correspond power demand, i.e. in descending order, an assembly of 2 SLI GTX 560, a GTX 580 or ATI HD 6970 overclocked.

We also keep the same devices for a complete configuration gamer, keyboard / mouse, speakers and monitors with a choice of 24 inches and 27 inches.

If I am correct it is quite possible to make a sli two cards of the same model (that is, gtx580) and take two different brands. However, the SLI will the speed of the slowest card, if you put a normal and they will take on an oc normal

First of all it will need a SLI compatible motherboard, which will then have at least 2 PCIx16 ports (port for connecting a graphics card). Please note this is not because a motherboard has multiple ports PCIx16 it is SLI ready. There will be what we call an SLI bridge included with the motherboard that is used to connect the two cards together and it's good.

Following is my configuration, try it if you like:
    • Antec Three Hundred illusion CPU case
    • Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte motherboard
    • Seasonic SS-850HT PSU
    • Intel Core i7-2600K CPU
    • 8GB G. Ripjaws Skill DDR3-1600 CAS X 8 RAM
    • OCZ Vertex Series SSD 30 GB
    • Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 HDD
    • LG BD-R 12x WH12LS30 Optical Drive

The computer has the dealer Atelco 4maxx! 580 SLI together a gaming computer, which puts the current nominally powerful hardware for the home. In the test, give the two Geforce GTX 580 graphics card and the Core i7 processor has no shame. The concentrated computing power should run current games title at the highest resolution and in 3D smoothly.