Thread: My Nvidia GeForce GT 540m optimus gpu is not working properly on steam valve games

My Nvidia GeForce GT 540m optimus gpu is not working properly on steam valve games

I am using Acer Aspire 5742G-384G50Mnkk netbook. It has a Intel Core i3 processor and it has a GeForce GT 540M. But I have a bit issue with playing games with Steam games. They are not working fine. I had tried some other games they are working quiet well. But whenever I try to get something from Steam it is not working. I had tried many things here but nothing is working.

Looks like you are trying latest game which demand more better hardware configuration. Can you provide the name of games which you are trying to download. Try to download some old games and test that. That will give you more detail about the same. After installing the game try to reduce the screen resolution. That will be more helpful. You have a bit basic gpu on your notebook.

Re: My Nvidia GeForce GT 540m optimus gpu is not working properly on steam valve games

It is not possible to modify the screen resolution unless you launch the game. It is right that your gpu might not be able to run those games. You can find the minimum requirement in steam itself. The second thing you can do is go ahead with latest gpu driver update. Because that will help you more. Most of the time due to outdated drivers this kind of problem appears.

Re: My Nvidia GeForce GT 540m optimus gpu is not working properly on steam valve games

GeForce GT 540M is a old gpu. It can play games at low resolution. You have to check the system requirement properly before downloading anything. It can be a bit waste of time if you try to download and install things directly. There are many website on web that give you clear information about running games on your existing hardware.