Thread: AMD Radeon HD 6850: Sound through HDMI

AMD Radeon HD 6850: Sound through HDMI

Hey all I am having following config of the system:-
    • Windows XP SP3
    • Asus ATI Radeon 6850
    • Creative X-Fi Soundblaster sound card
    • Onkyo SR507 receiver .

I came here to get the suggestion on my problem and that is I have an ATI Radeon 6850, which connects to my computer screen (DVI) and my LCD HDTV (HDMI) through my receiver. At the receiver it says PCM multichannel HDMI. So please tell me that Is there anything that you might think, a driver need to install to set the HDMI sound? Please reply me back about the suggestion in this cause.

Re: AMD Radeon HD 6850: Sound through HDMI

Here I am also having some related problem with that and that is recently I have installed with the 6850 but can not find or see any HDMI for this card? Do not know where to find it. I installed and activated / deactivated the ATI audio high there, this is all that showing. This is not working so please suggest me that what I have to do next?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • power color ATI Radeon 6850
    • Creative X-Fi SoundBlaster Soundcard

Ok, I will say over here that I managed to get the sound I wanted, but through another solution that involves HDMI. What I learned was that this letter (6850) needs a Realtek Sound Manager, a program that allows you to select the sound through HDMI. This works in Windows 7, but not I'm running Windows XP.

Here I am also running on the windows 7 and I get this working by changing my DVI to the other DVI output in 6850. Apparently, the DVI is the HDMI output side are one in the same. The card supports 2 outputs only. So if you connect to the DVI to HDMI with auto cancel is the HDMI output. Simply switching to another DVI to HDMI monitor auto detected, and is sending two 1080 sharp video and sound perfect for my X-fi

I am having some question related with this topic and that is I am using a Yamaha receiver, so I think that is the same as yours, but I'm using a set of speakers connected to the receiver in one room and another set of speakers for the Creative X-Fi computer in another room. So a set of speakers connected to the explosion of Creative X-Fi sound card connects and the other via HDMI to the receiver. So I cannot get full 5.1 sound via HDMI, since I have Win7 and can not get a Realtek sound manager for my XP. So I wonder if you are using only one set of speakers, or two as

I am also using this, because I have a small set of standard computer speakers connected to the back of the computer and then the HDMI output. I'm assuming a full sound that goes to my surround receiver and I and all sounds great, now that I realized the problems others. in fact I think the computer's speakers are automatically turned off when I run the HDMI. Let me see and contact you on that one, which can be mistaken for the other day when I did not have HDMI working

I tried with this suggestion, it takes a long time to read this, I have yet this does not work for me. And here I am with the question of the Realtek Sound Manager, and EQ controls are or good management? So far, my X-fi controls work perfectly, but just curious.

Have you tried with updating the Realtek Sound Manager? If not then try to update your Realtek Sound Manager, and see if this will help you to get resolve your problem. I am not sure about this that this will help you or not but since you are trying with the all the suggestion over here and still you get the problem related with that then you will need to try to take the help of this suggestion.