Thread: How to disable SLI when I cannot run Nvidia’s control panel?

How to disable SLI when I cannot run Nvidia’s control panel?

Here I am having problem with my GeForce 9800M GTX graphic card. And this problem occurs to me when I was playing the game. While playing the game suddenly I see that my screen is overlayed with red garbage dots and at that time my computer froze. For getting resolve that problem I have also tried with the restarting the system and there I found that still having the same problem. I also tried with the checking at the Nvidia control panel and there I found that it shows that I am not having any card in staled in the system. Then I checked for the reconnecting the video card and after this still I found that it showing the same problem to me. Also I rebooted the system and then I checked on the BIOS setting and there I found that my BIOS are saying:
    • VGA Card(Parent): Empty.
    • VGA Card(Daughter): Nvidia 9800M GTX.

So I came here to know that is there anyone who know that how can I disable the SLI when I cant run the Nvidia control panel.

Re: How to disable SLI when I cannot run Nvidia’s control panel?

Ok, for getting resolves this problem I will say you to remove the second card which you are having and then reboot the system. Hope that at this time you will get the proper working of your fist card and also you will get back your Nvidia control panel working to disable the SLI. And I think that you are having the to GPU cards in your laptop. Is that right?

No, I am having only one GPU card on my machine. And I have also tried with this suggestion before it, but not get any good result to get working back my system.

I am new to this forum and so for that reason can anyone help me here? I am having Palit GTX 460 video card and in the Nvidia control panel I can see that there is no any option to disable the SLI. Please help me also to get resolve my problem.

Before this, I have not seen this problem. This is first time for me to hear about this type of the problem. And here I can say that, it was a single card GPU until the other day when it decided it was a SLI daughter board. And here this problem occurs in your case only because you are having the too old laptop. And in the above post I can see that this problem has occurred in the 280.26 (WHQL), and this ill because the older version have not fix this problem.

First you will check for the warranty period for you card. If you have the warranty then try to replace the card and if you are not having the warranty period then also try to take the help from the manufacturer tech support. And if from there also you don’t get the support then I will say you to take help of the Nvidia tech support, I am sure that they will really help in your cause. so for that reason I will suggest you to contact with the Nvidia tech support and I am sure that they will really help in your cause. good luck for that dude. Stay checking over here also, because someone will also help you the other suggestion on this topic.

I have also used before this to contact with the manufacturer tech support, and that I was found somewhere in their official site. But now I don’t remember that from where I found that contact with the manufacturer tech support. For that I will say you to keep searching on the net to contact with them, I will also do the same search and if I get that way then I will report here back for that reason.

I would say here that, if you have already running control panel and you cant find the way to disable the SLI on that then there might happens that you are having the wrong version of the Nvidia control panel, so make sure ht you are having the right version of the control panel and then try to proceed.