Thread: Nvidia control panel: How to enable the single display performance mode.

Nvidia control panel: How to enable the single display performance mode.

Friends, I am having the Nvidia control panel and I am using this with the one monitor. But while checking on the control panel there I get that there is setting for the multiple display performance and also here is setting for the single display performance mode. So for that reason I think that how can I switch to the single display performance mode. So please tell me that can I change it to single display performance mode??

Re: Nvidia control panel: How to enable the single display performance mode.

Yes, I will say here that you can change to the single display performance mode because you are having the one monitor. And also I will say that your choice doesn’t relate with the SLI because you are not having the 2 or more GPUs. So switch to that mode and I am sure over here that you will get the good performance by switching this mode.

Ok, thanks for telling me that. But can I get the notable Performance gain by this change? Still I have not changed this setting because I am thinking that will I get the good performance after changing this setting or not?

Let me tell you something about this and that is: this setting is there only for ensure compatibility with single or multi-monitor configurations. And for that reason I can say that if you are using the single monitor than this setting should be set as the Single display performance mode. And if you are getting some problem with this also then I will say you to select the Compatibility performance mode to increase the performance. And again if you are facing the artifacting on a multi-display setup then at that time I will suggest you to select the compatibility mode cure the situation.

But here in this cause I can say that, most of the users uses the one monitor only and with this the default setting is multiple display mode, and still there is good performance of the screen. So I think that, if you are setting this to the one display then also you will not get the good performance.

Hi all, I have cam here after watching the thread over here and then I get that this problem seems to be like me. Here is my question and that is: I am having the GTX580 SLI with a single monitor, how should I set this driver parameter? And please tell me that what is default for the multi monitor? And also what is the difference in this setting, please suggest me about this all.

Ok dude, first let me tell you that, in the Nvidia control panel, the default setting for the monitors is to multi monitor mode and if you are having the multi monitor using then I can say you that there is no need to do the multi monitor setting because this setting is default in the Nvidia control panel. And the difference in this both setting is that, the single monitor setting is only for the performing with the single monitor and the multi monitor setting is to work with the multi monitor.