Thread: Can we see second graphics card after updating bios

Can we see second graphics card after updating bios

I was having problem with my pc. It has been sluggish since I bought it and used to crash quite often, so I decided to upgrade it from vista to Windows 7 but discovered that the CPU was only running at 800MHz rather than the advertised 3GHz. I was informed that this is a bios issue and was told to update the bios to AMI P1.60.After doing so, now the speed has increased but I can no longer use the 3rd screen and i cannot see the 2nd graphics card. So can anyone advise how to get the 2nd graphics card back?

Re: Can we see second graphics card after updating bios

You need to try re-installing the cards and drivers. For sli according to me you should add one card install drivers, add second card then reboot and add third ECT.

Hello all, with an already installed single video card, you need to install the second card, then boot into windows and install the exact same driver software a second time. Once this is done you’ll come to know if the driver installation is correctly finished or not and whether the windows device manager shows both video cards and that there are no yellow warning/error icons for both video cards.

Another way that works to display 2nd graphic card is to remove your current Nvidia software/driver and boot into SAFE mode to run Driver Sweeper to fully purge your system of Nvidia graphics drivers ONLY. Then you need to shut down your system, remove the power plug and install your second card. Now when you reboot your system install the latest Nvidia drivers for your operating system and graphics cards. This single software/driver install did work for my SLI system.

Hi all, you might have a resource conflict there. Why did you flash the BIOS in the 1st place? You need to clear CMOS and then run through ALL the BIOS settings & correct them after the flash. You must either clear the cmos in a proper way, or load bios defaults after you flash the bios, because you can't be sure that the flashing procedure did that for you. If you don't do that, the contents of CMOS / bios Setup may not be the one what goes with the flashed bios version, and hence your mother board won't work as it should.