Thread: Few questions regarding GPU.

Few questions regarding GPU.

I am game lover and now I want clarify few questions before buying the best hardware configurations for GPU. First question is that my budget would be around 100- 120 euro. I would want to get the best deal I am also looking for the better updated release so there would be enough for any new product. I would want to inform you that my computer is a bit old so I even want to know if it would support these new GPU which I would buy. I have searched myself for some of the GPU’s there online and tried to know more about new GPU’s but I was astonished to see a list of them there and found one of those as a best deal for me considering all my specifications and that one is Geforce GTX 550i Ti. But since I would like to be fully assured about this. My mother board is GA EP 43 S3L of Gigabyte of Quad core version. And my RAM is 8GB ddr2 of Kingston, my present GPU is ATI RADEON HD 2600. Will this support new GPU’s?

Re: Few questions regarding GPU.

Hello there and welcome.

Definitely your new choice of GTX 550Ti is far better and faster than the ATI RADEON HD 2600 so for GPU point of view that is good even the RAM and Mother boards are sufficient I would only like to know that whether you have a Core 2 around 3GHz since that is a must.

Please let me know that so I can give you perfect help.

I have a Intel core 2 Duo Quad Q6600. I know that GTX 550 Ti is better and would work fast but I would like to know if it is the best deal as per my requirements.

I have seen on the net a same GPU but 560Ti I would love to know if it is better than even 550. And also wanted to know what is the difference between Ti and normal one’s is.

Yes that is good. But if you could spend a little more and buy 560 since both have almost same price and 560 is also newer so it would be great. See since you have a RAM of 8 GB u should be working well with the newer versions of GPU’s only one thing I would inform you is that you will need a Direct X 10 for GTX 550/560 Ti. So get it before buying the new GPU.

Ok now you wanted to know about Ti and normal one’s so well 2.4 GHz is considered to be a little slow for working on newer GPU’s. So upgrading that would be better if you are going to buy a newer GPU like GTX 550/560. The Quad Q6600 is great. I had 3.5 GHz and it gave a good result. But before upgrading to 3.5 GHz or higher know it better u would require a better cooler since the heat released by them are more.

Thanks for your help I would be satisfied with GTX 550 Ti and avoid over clocking my computer. I appreciate your help!