Thread: Drivers crashes with black screen with nvidia geforce 8700m

Drivers crashes with black screen with nvidia geforce 8700m

From last one year I am using Dell XPS laptop in which I have GeForce 8700M card and suddenly it has started giving me problems. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the Nvidia and afetr that I have installed that in my laptop. Now after installing the drivers in my laptop and then when I try to play any game at that time drivers gets crashes. Now please tell me how to fix this issue?

Re: Drivers crashes with black screen with nvidia geforce 8700m

I have read your difficulty and first thing I would like to tell you is are you facing this problem with any particular game or you are facing the problem with every game in your Dell XPS laptop. if you are facing problem with every game in your laptop then there might be problem with the laptop drivers otherwise problem is with that game only.

As you have said that you are facing this problem after updating the drivers in your laptop and that is why I would like to tell you that try to solve this problem by reinstalling the drivers in your Dell XPS laptop. I am telling you this because many times this type of issue takes place because of the corrupt installation and that is why you have to first uninstall the drivers from the laptop completely and then you have to run driver cleaner in your laptop. now after running the driver cleaner you have to restart the Dell XPS laptop.

after restarting the laptop you have to double click on the drivers installation file again and after that you have to install the drivers again in your laptop and after reinstalling the drivers you have to check whether same problem is coming or not.

I have searched on the internet for this problem and I came to know that my users are having the same problem having nvidia geforce 8700m graphic card and to fix this issue you have to fist try to solve this problem by trying to install the drivers manually. to install the drivers manually you have to open the device manger and then you have to click on the display adepter option in which you will find the Nvidia devicelisted and from there you have to right click on this and then you have to click on the update the drivers and then you select the browse from computer option and then select the driver installation file and then install it and then restart the laptop and then whetehr it makes any difference or not.

Well this problem occur with every game in my laptop and I am sure there is something to do with the drivers only because before upgrading the drivers I was not having the same issue. I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the drivers and installing it manually but with no luck.
    What should I do to solve this issue?

Have you tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the drivers and installing the old one gain in your laptop? if you have not tried then remove the driver which you have recently installed then you have to insert the drivers CD of your laptop then you have to install the old drivers again and then see what is the situation.

I am also a user of the Dell XPS laptop and there was same problem occurred with my laptop and then I have tried many solution to fix this issue but none of the solution fix the issue then I have uninstalled all the drivers of nvidia and then reinstalled the chipset onboard drivers and then installed the nvidia drivesr again and then problem get solved thank you for helping me.