Thread: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX : Stopped working

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX : Stopped working

Today when I was playing the game at that time I see that my screen went black. And at that time I was on the Skype and at the same time I can talk to and hear the other person. When I get this problem at that time I rebooted my system in the hope that I will get resolve this problem. But when I rebooted the system, it looks like screen was tearing and also there was bunch of lines on it. And after this I get the next screen that have all the information about the hardware is supposed to be, it's just a bunch weird cipher now, and a few letters. Here I think that my card had dead, what you all want to say in this cause? is there any suggestion to get this problem back to working.

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX : Stopped working

Yes, I also think that your card death. I am not sure about this but I have seen that Code 43 was usually means that card is dead. And also when Artifacts comes in the boot screen then it makes confirms about this. but here I can say you that you should try with the clean install of an old driver. Hope that this will help you in your cause, if card is ok. But I think that there is no any chances for that.

Here I can suggest you that if your warranty is out and nothing you tried worked, then at that time I will say you to burn your card in the oven for about 5-10 minutes at around 200 degrees Celsius. But her before doing this all things make sure that you are remove everything but the card, the fan, glue, thermal grease and all that before doing this. I am telling you to do this thing because by doing this the metal solders will dissolve down and reconnect, this will clearly only work if the difficulty with your card is in information broken solder relations.

I think that you get this problem due to the without cleaning the cards get hotter over time. And her In this cause if you don't take the help of the card and clean the card occasionally they will overheat and you can hurt the card the drivers get improved card presentation. Hence the cards will run somewhat hotter that's how it works at times there are fixes. But it's also about improving presentation too.

Here in your cause I think that this will be totally due to the overheating. And also this can caused by the newly installed the new HDD recently as you are telling here. Try to take the help of the extra fans for this. hope that this will help in your case, only if your card is not dead.

Before coming to this forum, I have also tried with checking with the extra fans for my system but there also I get the same problem and I am very sure about that is not overheating problem in my cause. But here I can say that my NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX is still in the warranty period so I think that this will better for me to replace this one and then take the new one instead of this card. Since I didn’t get t he suggestion from here, so I have decide o get the replacement here and hope that this will really works in my case no.