Thread: GTX580 not working well after installation

GTX580 not working well after installation

I have found that the GTX580 is just not able to read Level Of Detail settings for a no of games and I have been just facing game crash and even the games hang up at different state. I have noticed that the textures, shadows are just appearing bad and they are making the games bad as well. I really don’t have any idea if it is a hardware issue or a software issue. I am just pissed by now and I really don’t know what to do. Is there anyone who has faced same kind of problem with the GTX580 and have an idea about the cause of it? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated

Re: GTX580 not working well after installation

Yes I have found a lot of people who have raised such problems with the 5xx series card installation and the most common games are Crysis WARHEAD, Crysis 2, AVP, BF BC2. Crysis and I have also found some users having 4xx series facing the same problem as well and it is found to be appearing in Win 7 x32 and x64, Windows XP.I have also came across people who say that these problem are due to hardware configuration parts, overclocks and due to game direct x as well but then I have not yet across any perfect solution for the same.

This is some kind of driver issue and you can try to solve it out by upgrading to the latest driver respectively and make sure that you get the latest direct x as well. I have found a no of people who have claimed that their problem has been reduced to some extent but they still have the problem. I mean after getting the latest driver and the latest direct x they are now able to play the games that they were not able to play before but there are still some games that are having the same problem. So if you want you can give it a try and check what difference you are getting.

Even I am facing the same problem with a no of games after installing the GTX580 I have made sure that I have the latest drivers and the direct x but the problem remains the same and previously I was not having any kind of problem with my old graphic card and was able to play almost all the games. I am regretting to switch to the GTX580 now. I will like to share that the Nvidia is not only the company that have been found having such problem with their graphic card. I have a friend who is using ATI 6970 and is having the same kind of problem but I am really looking forward to have a perfect solution for it.

I have noticed the following error in the respected games:
    Crysis:
    The crosschair area inside the house is not appearing properly
    Crysis WARHEAD:
    You will find the car details morphing when you will try to step back and forward
    Mirrors edge:
    The flag on the street are not appearing properly
    I have a list of such bugs in different games but I have just mentioned some of them. I don’t know what the cause of this is but I really want to get it fixed as soon as possible.

You can report your bug to the below link as well:
    http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/answers/list