Thread: How to update NVIDIA Forceware 280.26 WHQL XP from v162.30

How to update NVIDIA Forceware 280.26 WHQL XP from v162.30

Hey hi all, I am using the NVIDIA graphic card and this is working very fine. But recently I get the Email from the NVIDIA and they are telling me that an update was available for my card, and aftr watching this I am very happy. But when I went to this upgrade at that time I can see that my webpage warned me about using it. And for that I have also visited to the NVIDIA, and there also I tried the same but from there also I can’t get the update for my video card. So I came here in the hope that someone will really help me here to get help me for this update. Please suggest me what can I do next?

Re: How to update NVIDIA Forceware 280.26 WHQL XP from v162.30

Here, I think that if they told you that the update is available for your graphic card then i think that there will be some link that they have provide to you for the update. Follow that link and I am sure that after following that link you will get the proper drivers for your graphic card. So here in your cause I will suggest you to check the Email again and if there is any link then follows that link to get the latest update for your system. Reply back if there also you will get some problem.

Yes, I checked that thing also and there I get that there is no link for the latest update. Please suggest me any other suggestion to get the latest update. Here in this cause I am thinking to contact with the NVIDIA in the hope that they will really help me I this cause. What you will say in this cause? and thanks for the above suggestion.

I also get the same problem, and after searching on the so many other forums I get the similar problem over here. But here I can see that the problem still exist, the user is still having the same problem. I also get the Email from the NVIDIA and there I get no link for the latest update. I also tried with contacting with the NVIDIA support in the hope that they will help me to get resolve this problem but they also not helped me. The problem is that while I am trying for the update at that time it doesn’t proceed. So I think that there will some problems with their Email that they have suggested the wrong latest update. Please suggest us if here anyone have the suggestion to resolve this problem.

I also using the same NVIDIA graphic card, but in my cause I can say that I have not get any this type of the Email from the NVIDIA support that they are telling for the latest update for the card. And here I can say that this is very unusual and almost smells of some kind of problem with it. But here in your cause if you have already downloaded the update file then I think that there will be some problem in the compressed file which you have downloaded. And also it might happen that install has failed part-way through, leaving you with partially installed drivers that don't work, according to me this will be problem in your cause. here in this cause I think that the first thing you need to do is to get them off. This cause it is unlikely the uninstall process will work if the install did not complete correctly. And then you will need to remove the drivers, I would try using Driver Sweeper to remove the drivers. And after this reboot and let Windows sort itself out. I am sure that the windows will install the generic VGA driver, and after this all things will run ok. And also I think that yiu will need to delete the copies of the drivers which you are having on your disk. I hope that this time this will complete successfully. Reply back for the acknowledgement.

Yes, I am also sure that the driver package was not able to unpack the installers of the directories as you needed, so for that reason you will not able to install the drivers. I think that you are facing this problem because of the directory may be due to a problem with the download or a problem creating directories themselves. Here in this cause I will suggest you to make sure the account you log into Windows is by no means a limited user account and your hard drive has enough free space to remove the driver, hope that this will help you to resolve your problem.

Hey all, I am here to get some suggestion on the same topic. But here I can see t hat the original user who have posted this query, is not getting any suggestion over here. Please suggest me some way to resolve the problem.

I am reasonably well with things on my PC program problems. But I have never been involved before with a driver issue, in my cause I can say that The Nvidia comes with the Acer and installed itself. This sounds me like stupid but this is happening. And after this all I think that if I uninstalled the Nvidia driver would not be able to see the screen. But while I am trying to do this all at that time completely uninstall / reboot / Windows will resolve. After this I assume you are saying that when you reboot after eliminating Nvidia, my PC will realize that there is no driver, and then, install a bog-standard, probably many that are already stored in the system. Since then I can continue, here in this cause please tell me that I am right or I have to do anything else?

Finally I think that there is no-one who can help me to resolve this problem. Now I think that for resolving the problem I need to uninstall the drivers which I have recently installed in the system and then install the previous version of the drivers. Thanks friends for helping me.

But I think that there is no any reason for the latest update for your drivers because they all are working very fine. And if you have decided for the update then for that reason I think that you have to visit on the NVIDIA official site and see over there that there is update is available for you graphic card or not. But before you start downloading the drivers, make sure that you have taken the perfect drivers for your card.