Thread: GTX 560, constant locking up after Windows login on desktop

GTX 560, constant locking up after Windows login on desktop

I have recently got a GTX 560 and have installed it on my machine as well and it was working well by now but I don’t know what had went wrong with it and the problem I am facing is that when I am playing games like Portal 2 and Duke Nukem 3D then the game is crashing. I have also found the performance of my pc has gone slow and it even keeps on hanging every now and then. I don’t have much idea about it and I think that this problem is due to the new GTX 560 as everything was working fine before I have installed it. Any helping suggestion will be appreciated.

re: GTX 560, constant locking up after Windows login on desktop

I think that there might be some kind of driver problem and you may need to update all the drivers. In order to update it you just have to go to the start and then go to control panel and then click on administrative tool and then so to computer management and then you will get a window now in the left pane of the window there will be some option so what you have to do is just click on the device manager and then in the right pane you will get a list of all your driver and then in order to update them you just have to right click on it and then you will get an option to update it or repair it and then you can select the update method and then follow the instruction accordingly. Hope that helps

You can also repair the driver using the repair disc that you night have got it with the pc if mot than you have to get it for your pc. In order to detect if there is any kind of problem with your driver what you have to do is follow the above path and then when you are able to see all the drivers in the right pane then just check if there is a yellow exclamation mark on any driver. If you find any then you should repair it using the disc. You just have to enter the repair disc and then follow the same path and then just right click on the driver and then click on the repair option and then just follow the instruction and then after updating it just check if it you have solve your problem or not.

Hope you are aware of the minimum system requirement of these games. The minimum system requirement of the Portal 2 is as followed:
    CPU - 1.7 GHz Processor
    RAM - 512MB
    Video Card - DirectX 8.1 level Graphics Card
    Windows 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP

If your pc is hanging up every now and then I think that there might be virus as well. If you don’t have antivirus installed than get a standard one for you and then run a thorough scan and make sure that while running the scan you are not running any other application or program in the background and if possible just disable the firewall as well and then after the scan just check if there is any improvement in the performance or not. I will also like to suggest you that you might lose the corrupted files if they are found by the antivirus and if you lose any such crucial game files than the game won’t work properly and you will have to install the game again.

Below is my system information:
    • ASRock P67 Intel motherboard
    • Intel Core i3 2120 3.3ghz dual core processor
    • Seagate Barracuda 1TB hard drive
    • GSkill 8GB RAM[2x4 GB]
    • 600w Cooler Master power supply

And even I am facing the game crashing problem but my pc does not hang up and it is working well. Any further solution will be appreciated.

You can also try to update the direct x and in order to update the direct x in Windows 7, Vista and XP follow the below steps:
    • Click on the "Start" button
    • Then Click on "Run"
    • Enter dxdiag and the command prompt and then press enter
    • Check the Direct X version line in the box that opens

You can also use the "DirectX Version Checker" in order to check your version and then get the latest direct x for your pc and then install it and check if the game is crashing or not.

You can also try to delete the temporary file in your pc. These are the files that are not in use and they still occupy space in the drive and sometime result in slow performance of the pc as well so just check out if you are having the same case. What all you have to do is just click on the start and then click on run and then you will get a command prompt and then just enter %temp% in the black window and the press enter and after that you will get a list of temporary file in a new window and after you get it just select it and then delete it and make sure that you delete it from the recycle bin as well. You should delete the temporary file form time to time in order to avoid them using the space in your drive and degrading the overall performance.

Below is the "DirectX Version Checker" just unzip it and run it.
    Attached Files Attached Files