Thread: Using Nvidia with SLI getting temperature high

Using Nvidia with SLI getting temperature high

Hi …I newly place ever SLI system. It seems to be in use absolutely but after absolute downloading MSI Afterburner to monitor. I originate that the temperature on my major card was greatly higher than my secondary card. The primary card gets pretty hot, up to 89 degrees C. The secondary card only gets to concerning 60 degrees and not at all seems to get hotter. The temperatures are also considerably different when idle or on now a web browser such as this forum. When idling the primary card is sit at 65 degrees and the secondary card is at 37. Is this normal? Even when below related load the cards are very unusual temperatures. I have not yet started to try OC. I have store cooling in the case with one added case fan. The way the cards are located on the mobo they are correct next to all other and I consideration that may be the difficulty but it seem to be a huge temperature rise on the second card. If this is the problem, what can I do about it?

Re: Using Nvidia with SLI getting temperature high

Weather check the fans on the cards are running at their occupied speeds (you can able to do these after MSI Afterburner), I had a card in the past that was capped at 70% fan speed for some reason whereas the other card (same accurate card / producer) was at 100%, had to flash the GPU BIOS to accurate. But, the majority likely it's just a case airflow issue; post a pic of your system inner.

I got GTX 460 SC SLI and it’s my prime simply goes to 74c on 50% fan speed lol. My secondary is 10c junior when below full load. My idols are involving 36-39c depending on how hot the room. Maybe you need an original case or heck now to get a house fan and blow it directly on the GPU's That the cheap man's means of is doing it lol. I would be suggested a new case although. My Cooler Master HAF 932 keeps the temporary working nice. Also ensure for a dirty fan

You should need a temp at 90s are method to high the top off its like 97 So that isn’t good quality...Airflow in this case key that cans you take a pic of the inside of your case? Do you have a side panel fan? If so mount it in pull the hot air off the gap us out of the case. To give you an idea from my pc below in my specs my temps are about idle gap u 1 33 idle gpu 2 30load gpu 1 58-74 load gpu 2 52-68Games like metro 2033 get it hotter...Thing is my case is like a wind tunnel moving a lot of cool air .Also it is normal to the top card is hotter as the hot air rise off the base card into the top one....that’s why I supposed use the side panel fan to suck air out...but in the 90s for a temp is not good quality.

There should be clock speed for the different GPU subsystems: core (ROP,) shadier (ALU,) and memory (RAM.) To decrease electrical and thermal footprints, recent GPUs control between multiple power states (with the different clock speeds) according to their load. You can find observe these in real time through the use of software suites like EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, and GPU-Z