Thread: Desktop screen seem larger after using Nvidia

Desktop screen seem larger after using Nvidia

We new to this site there must be answer to these but which all my searches so far include drawn a blank.I am operating right now a PNY Geforce 7600 GS AGP 512 and a Samsung Syncmaster 940bw LCD monitor. I had reorganized the Nvidia drivers to 162.xx and all of a rapid on my windows which is related desktop displays were bigger than the screen size; they extended to the right or left of the screen, depending on where I put my mouse.When I roll back to the earlier driver, 97.xx, the whole thing was back within the monitor screen and nothing was missing. I try all option to get everything on the screen with no coincidence. The monitor was recognized properly along with the correct native resolution 1400 X 900.Any ideas on how to fix this? why I cannot get Age of Empires II to play.

Re: Desktop screen seem larger after using Nvidia

I am having this concern problem with my 8800GTX and my RCA Scenium 37' HDTV.The set of connections working fine under Vista. But when I try to utilize 1080p under XP it freaks out and sizes the desktop approximately 1.7x bigger then what it supposed to be.

I got the same problem after updating the nvidia drivers. The strange thing is, if I obtain my monitor out of its native resolution of 1400x900, downward to something like 1152x864, the problem go away. I'm using your 7800GS card and the monitor is a View sonic VX1935wm. I'm also available to suggest a question to their database to confidently determine the issue

Right click on desktop and then go to the screen resolution then click on higher setting other windows. Windows is going to arrive up. Click on the tab by means of the name of your graphics card. Then you click on and start the nvidia control panel key. This will open an additional window. In the left corner of the window, there is a option to select the task menu. Click on the plus sign next to the DISPLAY menu to obtain a drop tab. Select on screen resolution. Make sure to the correct monitor is selected and the right resolution. Set the refresh rate to 75Hz. this wills resize your screen and fit to your monitor