Thread: Unable to update NVIDIA Forceware 280.26 WHQL XP from v162.3

Unable to update NVIDIA Forceware 280.26 WHQL XP from v162.3

A few days ago, I had an email from NVidia .They told me an update was available, but when I clicked on the link available on their website it warned me about its use. Can anyone please advice what should I do now?

Re: Unable to update NVIDIA Forceware 280.26 WHQL XP from v162.3

Sorry, no one has responded to your message. This is very unusual and almost smells like some kind of trouble with it. I did not see until today. It sounds to me like the compressed file you downloaded was corrupted and installation failed part way, leaving all the drivers installed on your part that does not work.

The first thing you have to do is get them off. It is unlikely that the uninstall process if the installation does not complete successfully. I would try to Driver Sweeper to remove the drivers. Then reboot and let Windows itself. You must install a generic VGA driver. Reboot again to make sure everything is okay.

Delete all copies of the drivers you have on your disk, and then return to the nVidia website and download the drivers again. Retry the installation. Hopefully that will complete successfully this time.

The driver package was not able to unpack the installers of the directories I needed, so no driver was installed. The theme of the directory may be due to a problem with the download or a problem creating directories themselves.

Make sure the account you log into Windows is by no means a limited user account and your hard drive has enough free space to remove the driver.

Attempt downloading the file first, then install it on your computer, if it works, just uninstall the old drivers and replace them for you, fear not stupid, if you've never done how do you know what the final result.

You can attempt to uninstall the previous driver to see if windows will definitely need a reboot or not, but I cannot guarantee that the screen will work.