Thread: PSU is not enough for GTX 570 SLI

PSU is not enough for GTX 570 SLI

Last night I have purchased a new GTX 570 and it is also my second one. I have attached it to the computer. At first it runs smoothly even with SLI enabled. I have played few games. However whenever I try to run the 3d Mark 11 PC to reboot. As you know that this utility uses the whole thing to its max, I am thinking this is a power trouble. The PSU is capable to run it in normal condition but when I try to push it to more, it cannot handle things. Does anyone know how much power supply needed?

Re: PSU is not enough for GTX 570 SLI

The no name power supply do not meet their specification is all the power displayed on the label is always useful power (which may be issued) and not the input power (output power + power lost) in the test c is consolidated in the making is indicated (when consolidated is that of all the config) that is the power absorbed. And here the Proco and graphics card are thus oc 850W is what it takes.

Not necessarily mean that the Corsair TX850 V2 and the XFX Core Edition Pro 850W build on the same board and Seasonic presilich dnn is the XFX Core Edition per interesting.

GeForce GTX 570 needs a PSU of 600 watts. A next card needs you to put in an additional 225 watts. You require a 750 watt PSU. On the further card (3-way SLI) are added, merely put in an additional 250 Watts. Therefore 2 would be 750 watt SLI GTX 570 +250 = an extra 1000 watts which is what I encompass. Moreover leaving a geforce GTX 580 within 3-way SLI consume 736 watt afterward the GTX 570 FULL must use at least 700/690 watts in full otherwise something.

I someway doubt that you were hauling a 570 SLI! I observe about 1200 Watt PSU!

It's hard to say and depends strongly on the applied voltage to the CPU. It is possible that you could take advantage of the overclocking, the maximum available power is greater than the power supply. Simply put, it may be that you need a stronger power supply, if you like overclocking.