Thread: NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX SLI shows error in device manager

NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX SLI shows error in device manager

I have just installed the new driver from nvidia (8.17.12.8026) for my NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX SLI. My system is running with Windows 7 professional 32bit. Now it seems to me that one of the 2 cards showing error on the device manager. I can firmly tell that both cards are fine because I have doubled check them with other computer. Do you think that I have downloaded the wrong dirver? Is there any different driver from Nvidia?

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX SLI shows error in device manager

I've just looked at the page from Nvidia for new drivers for my 8800M GTX. I've been looking forward, which was finally recorded my video card because it has so far found only drivers for the 8700M. So I've downloaded the right drivers and uninstalled the old. When I install the new one now wanted to see me was that my hardware is not sufficient. Well, I then installed the old drivers from my CD again and now I have graphical glitches in the game.

Normally in the Windows Device Manager there should be in section "graphics cards" two 8800M GTX, each card are noted. I advise you to reinstall the driver, making a clean uninstall first, if it does not change should be considered a hardware problem, because if nothing detects it is not normal.

If both GPUs on the PCB are shown as active in BIOS and Device Manager ever good prerequisite. The problem is widespread, such as Nvidia and ATI. In general, you should start with a professional Driver removal. Additionally you should use the latest chipset drivers prior to installing the new drivers do not forget (PCI bridge, etc). A driver update through Windows for graphics cards in an emergency you should only use it when tolls. Just not at hand. These are sometimes outdated and fail to provide functionality with all; there are better drivers directly from the manufacturer, Dell or Nvidia.

Indeed, I have a map that appears in the device manager, just as in the Nvidia control panel (information systems), and no ability to enable SLI. In the Device Info tab, I have a card that also appears. I already uninstalled, clean (with DriverSweeper) and reinstall the drivers, nothing works.

I must get along to start a PSA test base with a bootable CD, but the one I have to find it, I have the DELL partition test.

The only you can with a certain software update from the graphics card manufacturer, but I rate it as strictly if any really big problems in the graphics card, because if the update goes wrong, the graphics card can throw in the garbage ...