Thread: With two brand new Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC's, Display driver failure while trying to enable the SLI

With two brand new Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC's, Display driver failure while trying to enable the SLI

Hey all, recently I have get the two new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 card and I have also put them together. And with them I am having some problem and the problem is that, I have also tried with the so many of the drivers for that but still I am not able to enable the SLI. I think this is because display driver gets corrupted and NVCP just hangs until I re-boot. So can anyone help me in this cause? please suggest me back if anyone have the proper suggestion about this. And also I am having the following specification:-
    • Asus P8P67-PRO
    • Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    • 4gb DDR3 @1600mhz
    • Corsair HX 750w SILVER
    • 3x Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC editions

Re: With two brand new Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC's, Display driver failure while trying to enable the SLI

Here, I am getting your problem, so can you tell me that what about your power supply? This problem seems to connected with the power supply. I am telling this all because I have used the 275.33 driver and the conductor 280 and to give me some problems but still let me enable SLI
    with my GTX 580 in SLI, but the driver 275.33 has worked well for me, 99.5% of the time. What about you?

Re: With two brand new Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC's, Display driver failure while trying to enable the SLI

I have already told you about my system specification and my power supply is a Corsair HX 750w. I know it would be really pushing for SLI GTX 580, but it is a quality power supply, so I thought give it a try before upgrading. It shows no sign that does not have enough power, after all, both cards are running. And for this reason It shows no sign that does not have enough power, after all, both cards are running, it just does not allow SLI. And play well on a card. I just finished reinstalling Windows and still gives me the same error. . I tried the latest beta driver, the latest official driver and the driver that comes with the CD that I 265.XX.

Hey dude, sorry but it's late where I live and my eyes are tired I looked at the specifications on two occasions and now he saw the power supply. But here I can say that I was reading in another section of this forum where someone asked about using a 750W power supply SLI GTX 580 and were given the suggestion of a Corsair 950W, and also I can say that this is very well working. And let me tell you that when when I installed my second a few months later would not work, so they have a Corsair AX1200w and works very well.

Ok, I am getting that what you are trying to say to me. You are saying that the problem is totally related with the PSU. I was also thinking the same. I might try buying a new one and see how it goes. And also Thanks for your help.

I don’t havhe knowledge about your power supply but in my cause Corsair has a forum on your website that has a Corsair technology as it is in contact with you about your problem within a few hours and is very good at what he does what he should give it a try. So try to contact with them and I hope that they will really help in your cause.

I am also having the same problem, but I am having totally different computer. But here in my cause this problem only when I Oveclock my CPU, SLI. But every time I try to activate it with a CPU Overclock at that time I get that Gfx card not detected, freezing Nvidia cp, and resolution down to 600x800. What can I do to get resolve my problem. Please help me. I am having the following system configuration:
    • 990FXA-GD80 bios/uefi v11.5
    • phenomII 1090t@4.00ghz
    • 2 x MSI GTX285 Superpipe nvidia driver 280.26
    • Antec quattro 1000w
    • Kingston hyperX DDR3 4x2gb/1333
    • Kingston hyperX SSD 120Gb
    • w7 x64

Here in your cause I can say that since my CPU is overclocked, perhaps I should try restoring it to default and then turning SLI on. So tell me that what happens if you turn SLI on and then crank your CPU back up? Does the SLI revert to "off" or something?

Ok, if I enable SLI while OCing immediate resolution of 1920x1080 down to 800x600 and freezing Nvidia control panel, since then nothing seems able to see the 2 GTX285 to make everything work again I have to reset the bios in case of default, I bet that disabling the SLI is enough, but I cannot agree more NVIDIA control panel makes it impossible.

Yes, I am also sure that this problem you are facing only because of the power supply because your CPU needs more power then at stock speed and that thing cause you CPU to not working properly. I am not sure about here that uncleblitz as i am not up on AMD cpu's.

Ok, I tried restoring the BIOS to the factory and no change, still can not access the SLI mode. I'm starting to believe that my power supply is not only sturdy enough.

Here, you are trying to enable the SLI mode and at that time you are getting some driver failure problem. Then I think that in this cause there will be some problem related with the Drivers only. For that reason I will also suggest you to try to get the latest update for the drivers and this will really help in your cause.