Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Full screen flickers with Dual SLI GTX460 GPU

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 15-10-2011

Full screen flickers with Dual SLI GTX460 GPU

HI, I have recently purchased a new rig and wanted to know as why I am having a problem with the machine. as the title implies I have installed two graphic card in the machine and whenever I try to play any game in the full screen I used to get the screen flickering. And really I am not getting what could be the error I am having in the machine. but really It would be better if some would suggest me some solution to resolve it. Thanks for any suggestion.

Old 15-10-2011

Re: Full screen flickers with Dual SLI GTX460 GPU

- see there could be so many reasons causing this kind of problem in the machine but still are you sure that you have made all the connection of your graphic card made correctly. Because most of the times it happens as the users used to make mistakes while connecting those hardware with the motherboard.
Old 15-10-2011

are you sure that all the hardware In your machine is working perfectly without any problem, because I have seen many people having various problems with the SLI bridge and as you must be aware as this is quite crucial parts when it comes to making use of dual GPU?s in the machine, thus I would like to suggest you that you should make sure whether the SLI bridge on your motherboard is working perfectly or not.

Apart from this the another factor comes into view is like the improper power supply, thus also make sure that you have installed proper power supply in your machine, because the thing is like whenever we make use of more than one GPU in the machine it usually consumes more power than the usual one. Thus it would be better if you make use of at least above 550 watts power supply.
Old 15-10-2011

I would like to suggest you that you should try to make sure that you have installed correct rather suitable drivers in your machine. if not then I would like to suggest you that download the latest drivers first and then see whether the same thing happens or not.
Old 21-10-2011

- I think almost each and every possibilities are discussed above and if suppose you are still pursuing the same problem so I can assume that there could be possibility of having Improper PCIe slot configuration or you must be having bad PCIe slot in your motherboard. I would like to recommend you that you should try to make sure whether the PCi slots in your motherboard is working perfectly or not and that you can try rather test by attaching another GPU in your machine. and off course it would be really better if you take care of your machine from the time onwards because if you encountered any problems with the motherboard then you can have various options to get it repair or simply if it is in the warranty period then you may get the replacement as well.
Old 04-11-2011

Sometimes there is necessary to perform update bios task onto it. This is necessary after installing graphics card onto such high configuration system. In that condition, after installing latest version of Bios it properly detects latest hardware of this system. Hence i would be suggest to you that use such bios update policy after inserting video card. it is helpful to your system for improvement of performance.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,