Thread: error code 4 Nvidia openGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is uable to continue

error code 4 Nvidia openGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is uable to continue

I am having a GTX 570 and the problem I am facing is that the Nvidia card is just crashing now and then and it is giving me a message saying “error code 4 Nvidia openGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue.”.I am using a lot of graphic and 3D software’s for my work and this problem is really stopping my work. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me to solve this? Any helping suggestion will be appreciated.

re: error code 4 Nvidia openGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is uable to continue

You can try out the following solution:
    Just Go to the registry editor by going in to the start > run > regedit
    Then just Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetControlGraphicsDriv
    ers and just check that your GraphicsDrivers is appearing highlighted.
    After that just Right click on it and then go in to New > DWORD (32-bit) value > and then Name it as (TdrDelay) and then double click on it and then Set it to A (hexadecimal) or 10 (decimal).
    Just try to perform the above solution and let me know if it helps or not. Best of luck.

re: error code 4 Nvidia openGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is uable to continue

I am facing the same problem when I am using the Photoshop CS5 (x64) and below are my specification:
    • Windows 7 x64
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 (latest v197.45 driver)
    • Intel i7 920 2.67 GHz

Any help will be appreciated.

I have tried the above solution as I had previously visited some other forum for the same problem and I have found this same solution out there as well. My computers specification are as followed:
    • Win7 home Premium 64 bit
    • 8 gig Ram
    • AMD phenom 2 X6 1045T processor 2.70 ghz
    • Nvidia GEforce gtx 460

I have by now tried a no of solution and have also tried testing it with different PSUs (600W, 800W) and video cards such as (asus gtx260, zotac gtx260, gtx450).I have also tried to use other DRAMs and have changed the bios settings, voltage and temperatures. I have also done a fresh windows installation & updates + ps cs4 & updates and fresh windows installation without updates as well but all of the above solution does not seem to be helping. I don’t know what to do know is there a solution for it or not? Any help will be appreciated.

You can check out the “FurMark” .It is a intensive OpenGL benchmark which is used for rendering algorithms and helps to track the performance of the graphics card. What it does basically is over heat the GPU it also a stable and a stress tool almost all the graphics card. You can download it out and then install it and after running it you will get an idea about the performance of the graphic card and you can then probably try to detect the cause for your problem at least. It will assure you if your graphic card is working well or not.

I have come across this problem in a no of forum but I have not yet find a perfect solution for it and I think that if anyone has actually posted a working solution for it or have claimed any solution to be working as well. So I will suggest you to get the official support from here:
    http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/answers/list

You can also submit you problem on the below site and the Nvidia staff might help you as well”
    http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/answers/list
    Best of luck.

You can try out the below steps:
    Just Uninstall the nVidia Drivers in the normal mode
    Then Boot in Safe mode.
    Install the respected driver
    Reboot and then check
    This had previously worked for me I think that this will help you as well.