Thread: need help with Faulty Video on HP TouchSmart IQ771

need help with Faulty Video on HP TouchSmart IQ771

Hello friends I have HP TouchSmart IQ771 computer in which I have windows vista operating system and suddenly it has started giving me problems. in my computer some times while playing games or playing any videos i can see sticky videos and some time display goes very dim. I don’t know what is wrong with the computer. I have search on the internet and find many users are facing the same issue with this computer so if someone can provide solution regarding this then it will be greatly appreciated.

Re: need help with Faulty Video on HP TouchSmart IQ771

Mostly this type of problem occurs because of the overheating and if you want to solve this issue then first thing you need to do this is keep your computer in such place where it gets proper cooling. Because computer does not get the proper cooling then at that time overheating takes place.

Sometimes because of the dust in the computer can also creates the problem and that is why you have to clean the computer internal parts. First you have to open the computer and you have to open the computer properly by using proper tools. Now after opening the computer you have to see whether there dust on any of the parts or not. it is better you will clean all the things one by one properly and after that you have to put the things back to the computer and make sure you have connected all the parts of the computer at right place and correctly . now after that you have to start the computer and then check whether all the things are working properly or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your overheating problem will get solved.

if you need any more help regarding this then let me know.

I am also a user of the HP TouchSmart IQ771 and I was also experiencing the same problem with my computer and then I have dissemble the computer and then I have find that there was a dusk blanket on fan and around the graphic card in my computer and after that I have clean all the things properly and then put all the things at right place and then my problem get solved.

Well some times because of the drivers issue this type of the problems can occur and that is why I would like to tell you that from your HP TouchSmart IQ771 computer you have to remove the graphic drivers from the device manger and after that you have to install the graphic drivers again and then problem will get solved.

Well if you don’t know about how to remove the graphic drivers from the device manager then you have to do according these steps. First you have to open the my computer and then you have to right click there and then select the properties and then select the device manager from there. Now you have to click on the video device option and then you have to right click there and then select the uninstall option. Now after uninstalling the graphic drivers you have to reboot the HP TouchSmart IQ771 and then you have to insert the drivers disk and install the graphic driver and after installing the drivers you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

If reinstalling the graphic drivers does not help then you can also try to solve this issue by updating the graphic drivers of your HP Touch Smart IQ771 computer. Just visit the official site of the HP and then download the drivers and then you have to download the drivers and after that check whether same problem is coming or not.

I have read your problem and sometimes because of the graphic card failure in the computer also these type of issue can take place and that is why you have to contact the HP support and ask them about the problem and after that they will give you solution. if your computer is under warranty period then you might get the service free of cost.

i hope this information will be helpful for you.

As you have said that graphic drivers can also cause the problem and I have reinstalled the drivers and after that I have update the drivers also but none of the solution helped me. Now after that I have contact HP support and after that they have solved the issue and all the things started working normally.