Thread: How to run Apple TV on an old acrylic 23" Cinema Display?

How to run Apple TV on an old acrylic 23" Cinema Display?

I need to run Apple TV on a 23" Cinema Display (more seasoned Acrylic model, ADC). It's for a presentation, and this is the just choice good to go to me at this time, short of getting a TV actually for the weekend and afterward pushing it at a misfortune on Craigslist (which is what I could wind up doing if this purposes me to tear my hair out). Anyhow I need I'd put the inquiry to you canny people first.

Re: How to run Apple TV on an old acrylic 23" Cinema Display?

The 23" Cinema Display is connected to an ADC to DVI converter block, then into a small DVI to HDMI connector, which connects to the back of the AppleTV unit.

Same here! Here's the frustrating situation: when I connect to the Apple TV, I would be able to see the first few seconds of the startup arrangement on the screen, then the screen goes dark and the capacity catch on the screen flashes (not a tender standard beat similar to the doze light, but several speedy flashes consecutively).

I in addition perceived the TV in the pic was running an old version. I suspect the issue is with the way that the TV is running a determination of 1280x720 and the cinema display is having some major difficulty time with rendering it, maybe as a result of every last trace of the connectors the sign is living out, but that would be actually theory as of right now.

Since time is of the being, you need to go and identify an affordable computer screen with HDMI. These are much cheaper than acquiring a TV, and maybe you could probably profit it when you’re finished with it.

I've got the apple ADC to DVI connector, and have attempted a few connectors and cable connections, but actually get the "promo" thing to appear on the 23 crawl then after that it runs spotless with the a couple flashes. With the 22 creep, I actually utilize a bland DVI to HDMI connector and it works--prodding me to attempt and spot an approach to make the 23 crawl do the same.