Thread: Wants to upgrade my rig containing dead video card NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT for gaming

Wants to upgrade my rig containing dead video card NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT for gaming

My pc was made some year back correctly on 2007 and I don’t know any thing about the hardware and need some help on this the problem is my graphic card 8800GT has been not functioning its not working on tandem and every thing else is working just fine so I was thinking to take this time to improve my PC, but I have no idea as to what I be supposed to be seek for so any one here can help me on this I would be really appreciating this my spec is

1. Intel Q6850 CPU @ 3.66GHz
    2. NVIDIA 680SLi chipset
    3. 750 or 1000w PSU
    4. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    5. 1 TB of HDD
    6. Windows vista 32 bit operating system
    7. 4 GB of Ram

Re: Wants to upgrade my rig containing dead video card NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT for gaming

Your decision will be facilitated if you will able to answer this four question that is
    • Decision about budget
    • What do you desire to do like Upgrade or complete fresh build
    • Are you capable to build your pc or you are taking the external help
    • And purpose of your build
    So prior to I go any more, you'd require to answer the 4 questions I've asked.

Re: Wants to upgrade my rig containing dead video card NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT for gaming

I think your build working good for now
    But you're missing a delivery of GPU horsepower, I do say look upon the GTX560Ti or HD6950. Your CPU is fine, extremely clocked Core 2 Quad. But a sole 8800GT is like my HD5670 which is somewhat slow. however if you have a good financial plan, I would advise you to assemble a new Sandy Bridge i5 or i7 paired with a GTX560Ti or HD6950 once more and you will see a huge performance leap in the CPU part for common using, encoding, RTS games and games with a large number of physics. all along with a SSD for booting and vital files/games, 1TB Samsung F3 for storage and 6GB triple channeled DDR3 RAM the performance Also the 680 chipset is a bit old at the present, with a fresh motherboard you'd see USB 3.0 and Sata III etc.

Also with whichever the upgrade or fresh build, you should definitely get the copy of Windows 7 in as It’s a great deal sleeker and faster than Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Yitzchak909 View Post
    Your decision will be facilitated if you will able to answer this four question that is
    • Decision about budget
    • What do you desire to do like Upgrade or complete fresh build
    • Are you capable to build your pc or you are taking the external help
    • And purpose of your build
    So prior to I go any more, you'd require to answer the 4 questions I've asked.
    Well the answer for your question is
    1. I'd akin to use in the ballpark of a few hundred cash just a nice revise to acquire me back up to balance
    2. I want to Update my present rig
    3. Had somebody construct it for me, however I am positive in my ability to handle small upgrades
    4. Gaming is actually concerning all since I graduate from college

You would have to put up for sale that 8800GT, after that buy HD6950. And at the same time as you're at it, it may be worth 100 bucks to improve to Windows 7 64bit. The remaining your build seem rock-solid, can't reject to the QX6850 is pretty nasty. as well games still don't consume 4GB of RAM so its very well. RAM is economical and simple to upgrade anyways, so if you become aware of that your RAM usage is extreme to elevate in the future. It’s rather simple to order like a 4GB stick for 50 bucks and slot it in and you will get 8 GB

However with this GPU advance, even as under common usage like browsing the internet or change video formats you may not see any development. But in games that presentation increase would be enormous. I challenge to say you'd observe in excess of 4x extra FPS. 750W PSU possibly fine if it might power 2x 8800GT in SLi. however as games don't obtain full advantage of double GPU setups, you'd be a lot improved off getting an overwhelming only card like the HD6950. as you're major position of upgrading is to participate games superior, the money would be well used.

I think you must acquire the 64bit edition for Windows 7 as a result you can use the complete 4GB of RAM. as well I get memory problem with sure drivers when running 32bit Vista and be very well as I upgrade to 64 Windows 7. One more thing to make a note of is that Windows 7 is a great deal faster and snappier than Vista. But it’s up to you if you desire to pay out 100 bucks on it.

One thing I like to ADD is that would be investment you back would be your CPU, which you can't actually do a great deal about it. It’s the most excellent in its class thrashing the newer AMD quads. Games take a large amount extra benefit of a improved GPU than CPU. You'd be well again playing games with a Single Core and HD6950 than a Quad Core with a HD6350. So I wouldn't concern about your CPU, since its still overwhelming. Well that all my recommendation, so happy buying.

Ok then you all suggesting Buy HD6950 and Windows 7 that would be great deal

For gaming all right and 64bit Windows 7 particularly. The HD6950 would up your FPS and graphics presentation up On games standard, the HD6950 perform like to a HD5870. This is approximately 3-4 times earlier than the 8800GT. You be able to see it if you look at the charts at this time.Windows 7 64 bit is so that you are advanced with the newest OS, so you can make use of your full 4GB of RAM. Also it perform improved than Vista on games and in general.Apart from that the rest of your spec is in fact still great

Exceptional, that's precisely the kind of recommendation I required to take notice of