Thread: How to connect monitor and computer without having dvi connection?

How to connect monitor and computer without having dvi connection?

I have recently purchased a new budget desktop computer from the bestbuy. I have got a Gateway DX4860-UB20P. I like this pc very much. I think that Gateway DX4860-UB20P does not have a dvi out connection. But I am not sure. I don’t have much knowledge regarding this. I have purchased a LG IPS236 monitor. I just wanted to have good view so I bought this monitor but now I think that I will need to get a new desktop. I don’t know what to do now? How can I use them together and a get a good output? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to connect monitor and computer without having dvi connection?

I would say that Gateway DX4860-UB20P has a vga port and hdmi port. I hope you know I am saying. Also I think that the monitor that you are having has a dvi port. I would say that try an adapter. You can get a vga to dvi adapter to connect the computer and the monitor together. You can get this adapter for some little amount of money. I would say that you can purchase it from any electronic shop near your place or else you can also purchase it online from amazon or ebay website. Once you place the order on any of these sites, your product will get delivered to you in 15 days as I think. You can also get some discount on the adapter as many times there are some offers put on these websites.

I would say that try to purchase an hdmi to dvi adapter to connect your monitor and computer. Either of them will give a proper display. If you use a vga adapter then I must say that you won’t be getting a good pixel perfect image. So it is on you, what you have to do.

I would say that ask your monitor guy are the computer person to guide you out. Tell them that you need the best display so let them guide you accordingly. They are experts and I am sure that they will resolve the issue of yours.