Thread: Screen flickering and graphic distortion with Sapphire HD RADEON 6950

Rajni Guest

Screen flickering and graphic distortion with Sapphire HD RADEON 6950

Hi friends I am facing problem in my computer. I have recently upgraded my computer from windows vista to windows 7 and after upgrading the computer I am have notice that screen flicker randomly and also get distorted graphic sometime. now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

in my computer I have

• MSI 870A-G54 motherboard
    • Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 graphic card
    • 2GB RAM

Re: Screen flickering and graphic distortion with Sapphire HD RADEON 6950

I have read your problem and also read your system configuration and I will suggest you that you have to first check whether you have to install the drivers properly or not. You have to also check whether you have connected the monitor properly with your computer or not. Sometime due to bad connection also this type of problem can take place.

You have said that in your computer you have recently installed the windows 7 and after installing that you have started getting this problem. First you have insert the drivers CD in your computer and after inserting the drivers CD you have to install the drivers CD in your computer and after installing the drivers you have to restart the computer. After restarting the computer you have to insert the graphic card drivers CD in your computer and after inserting that CD you have to install it in your computer and after installing the graphic card drivers you have to reboot the computer again.

if you have already installed the drivers then uninstall that drivers from your computer and after uninstalling that you have to install the drivers by following the above steps. I am telling you this because there was similar problem came with my system and after that I have solved that problem by doing above steps. you can also try the above solution and after that your problem will get solved.

if after doing the above steps also if you are facing the same problem then you have to install the update drivers from the internet for your Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 and your motherboard also. After downloading that you have to install it in your computer and after installing that your problem will get solved. you have to make sure that before installing the updated drivers you uninstall the old drivers and run the drivers cleaner.

To download the update drivers for your Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 you have to below

DOWNLOAD

and

To download the updated drivers for your MSI 870A-G54 you have to click below

DOWNLOAD

If you are facing the same problem after trying above tricks also then you have to download the speccy from the internet and after downloading that you have to check that your computer is reading the GPU properly because sometime our system detect the graphic card properly but it may not read properly and that is why this type of the problem can take place.

go to the BIOS setting and after that you have to restore the BIOS defaults and after restring the BIOS defaults you have to restart the computer and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not. according to me by restoring the default setting in your BIOS you will not get the same problem.

You have to disconnect your Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 from your computer and after that you have to connect it with different computer and after connecting the Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 with different computer you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you are not getting same problem with other computer then there might be something wrong with your motherboard or BIOS needs to be updated. you have to also try your Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 graphic card by connecting it with different PCI-E slot and after connecting it to the different PCI-E slot you have to check whether you are getting the same problem. if you don’t get any issue after connecting the Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 with different PCI-E slot then it is good otherwise motherboard is faulty.

You have to also go in to the BIOS setting and after that you have to check whether all the setting is proper or not. if you find any setting incorrect then correct it first and then chic whether it make any difference or not.

You may also try to solve this problem by updating the BIOS in your computer. to update the BIOS first download the BIOS update file from the internet and then you have to update the BIOS with the help of that. you will find the BIOS update file from the official site of the motherboard manufacturer and after updating the BIOS your problem will get solved.

Well if you are facing the same problem after updating the BIOS and restoring the BIOS defaults also then I thinks something wrong with your motherboard or the graphic card compatibility of the Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 with your motherboard. First you have to check whether Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 is compatible with your motherboard or not. if it is not compatible then you may need to change the graphic card and after that your problem will get solved eaily.

I don’t agree with the above post because I have searched on the internet and I have find that Sapphire HD RADEON 6950 is compatible with the MSI 870A-G54 motherboard.

As far as problem is concern I think motherboard is having problem and that is why contact the MSI support and they will give you solution and after that problem will get solved easily.

Rajni Guest

After restring the BIOS defaults and updating the BIOS also I was getting the same problem. I have also tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the drivers and updating the drivers and after that I came to know problem is with my motherboard and that is why I have contact the MSI support and they have solve this issue. thank you for helping me.