Thread: What is the Advantage of Touch Screen Monitors?

What is the Advantage of Touch Screen Monitors?

Hello friends, as I was planning to get 3 Touch Screen Monitors as a replacement for the 6 regular LED Monitors which I am using now. So I want to ask that anyone amongst you can tell me the Advantage and the disadvantages of the above two monitors (which is the touch screen and LED) and also want to know that what type of particular hardware or software I would require to run touch screens monitors. Well I am planning to become a video game designer or the creator as I complete my college. I am having the craze for games and also love to play all the games which are been launched. So please suggest the advantages and disadvantages of it. Thank you.

Re: What is the Advantage of Touch Screen Monitors?

According to me that the touch screen are good to use and also they make effect to use the computer, if you take for personal than it is good, if going to take for the official or some other then I would say you should go with the LED ones.

Even I also agree with the above user as the touch screen monitors can be nice for using it on a home system which is according to thinking of mine, but if use for the gaming or for the software development work then I am not convinced how the touch screen interface would actually help out to facilitate much to you. So I would truthfully say that if you can search out for the three screens on the internet then you will be also able to get that many normal monitors at the price of the touch screens monitors and also you will be able to save the extra money or put the extra cash it toward the larger screens or for extra powerful computer for you. So the final decision is upon and you so just check it and get it for yourself.

Well the above user have told you the proper and also the good difference between the both the monitors, I would suggest you to go for the LED, as the touch screen will cost you very much, also get the LED monitor in big size then it is worth.

Actually the Touch Screen Monitor are much faster than compare with the LED Monitor for doing the clicking of something with use of your finger or even with the stylus pen than the other way to move a mouse or the keyboard arrows. Well speed makes a vast variation while playing a fast-paced game. Even also the Speed is important for insertion orders in your business as you can see when go in McDonald. There are few disadvantages which are the user must be in arm’s reach to the display, as it becomes difficult to select small items on the screen or it might contain a possible retrofit problem, and even there might be possible of the arm fatigue. And also it can affect you to sense a little of the electric shocks when you touch the screen with your wet fingers. The Screens require to be installed at the lower position and also at the tilted position to reduce arm energy. Even there should be little decrease in image brightness. Also it cost more than the other devices which is the LED.

Well the above user have told the most of the advantage and also the disadvantage of using the Touch screen monitors but I want to add that there is one more disadvantage that the displays get dirty often because you constantly touching with the oily or sweaty fingers.

All the above users have told the advantage and also the disadvantage of using the Touch screen monitors, I would personally suggest that you should not go with the Touch Screen and go for the regular monitors, the first point is that the normal monitors are very much cheap as compare with the touch screen monitors, the second thing is that you will be able to get the less maintenance as you compare with the touch screen monitors, even also you will be able to get clean easily if you will be able to get it cleaned when the screen get dirty, so it is better and good choice to go for the normal and not giving for the touch screen, if you want something in business then the touch screen is the best and also good to use, otherwise the normal are the best.

I was not expecting to get such good and also helpful suggestion from the users, so I would like to thank the entire user for the suggestion and also for the advice that they have given to me.

If I have 6 touch screen monitors attached to a single PC with a video card that allows 6 inputs/outputs....will this work? Each screen would be carrying a separate activity on the screen. So one may show photographs, another running an interactive program, one running static reports that can be chosen and displayed, and etc. I spoke to an A/V company that says you lose the ability to use the touch screen function and have to go back to the mouse. Basically because the video processing in the PC gets confused and can't determine which screen sent what touch function. He also stated that there is a video processor that can be purchased that will take care of this but it runs around $80k. Have any of seen this issue or even tried using multiple touch screens to one PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee2kilo View Post
    If I have 6 touch screen monitors attached to a single PC with a video card that allows 6 inputs/outputs....will this work? Each screen would be carrying a separate activity on the screen. So one may show photographs, another running an interactive program, one running static reports that can be chosen and displayed, and etc. I spoke to an A/V company that says you lose the ability to use the touch screen function and have to go back to the mouse. Basically because the video processing in the PC gets confused and can't determine which screen sent what touch function. He also stated that there is a video processor that can be purchased that will take care of this but it runs around $80k. Have any of seen this issue or even tried using multiple touch screens to one PC.
    The VOPEX Touch Screen Sharer enables up to 2 or 4 touch screen monitors to communicate with 1 CPU. Three different operating modes allow varying degrees of user control. LED's on the front panel will illuminate to indicate mode of operation, DELAY mode program status, and/or which touch screen has control. You can get more information from here.