Thread: My gfx card is not working.

My gfx card is not working.

Hi friends, I am having some minor problem which is related with my gfx card. The problem is that while working I can see that my screen turns off for the few seconds and after that it turns on automatically. and while it happens to my system , I get the message that
    "Display Driver stopped working responding and has recovered

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 280.26 stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
    What does this message means? Please suggest me that why this thing is happening to me? is there is any fault in my GFX card??

Re: My gfx card is not working.

Hey, in this case I would like to know the system specification for your card. Then only I can help you in this case. First give me that, then I will say that is there is any fault with your card or not?

Sure, I am having the following system specification:
    • Processor: Intel i5 quad core 3.30ghz
    • Graphic card: GeForce GTX 460 Nvidia 1GB
    • RAM: 4GB Ram

I ask for the full system speciation but here you are giving me only half of them. please give me information about the Power supply, about the operating system which you are using. and also tell me if you are having the overheating problem. What are your GPU temps idle and load?
    What are your CPU temps idle and load? first tell me these all then only I can say you that what to do in this case?

In this case, I would like to suggest you to update your driver and then see if this all things happen again. I think that, after updating your system you will be able to not get this problem again. And also while updating make sure that you are updating your all the drivers with the latest update which is available for your drivers only. and here also if you have recently updated your driver then I will suggest you to try with the oldest one, because it also might happens that your system is not supporting the latest driver update. and also I think that this is caused in your system by any specific game or any application, so try to uninstall any new games or application which you having installed recently in your game.

I am using GeForce GTX 570, and I found the same problem with this also. For resolving this problem I had also switch back to last driver update but it also doesn’t work for me. I can see that so many users of this card have resolve there this problem with the changing their card consumption to performance in the Nvidia control panel. For that I have also changed my card and from that yet I have also not having any type of the problem. Try to do the same.  

I would like to suggest you about the driver sweeper which can help you a lot to uninstall the drivers from your system. after the uninstallation of the driver done then, restart your computer and after that run the ccleaner that will help you to clean your registries. after that try to install the same driver again and see what happens. hope that it will help in your case.

The same has also happens to me also. I think that this thing is caused by the oveclock or by the power supply unit of your system. in this case I will suggest you that to resolving this problem you will need 600 watt with over 30A on RAIL for PCI-express. and also you will need PSU with dual rail that is over 36A combine. I think that 12V1 is for CPU and should be over 18A and 12V2 is for PCI-express or any power that connection to DVD player and hard drive, and I think that it be over 30A. for resolving my problem I have used the Thermaltake RX 500 Watt with three rail. Combine is 36A, and after using this all finally I got that all thing came to the normal. try with this suggestion and I am sure that it will work great in your case.

I think that A GeForce 560 Ti is having TDP of 170W, for that it might happen that you are suffering from the screen turn off and on problem. in your case I would like to suggest you about to Add 135W for a previous-gen i5 and also 100W for the motherboard and after this I think that the total will be grand total of 416W. that will help to translates to 35A on the 12V rail. but while doing this all things I will first recommend you for first collect the more information about your problem then only go ahead.

I am not having any experiences in case of the computer, so can you explain me that how can I do the above steps. Please suggest me in the brief, so that will help to resolve my problem.

Great steps, it really works great in my case thanks a lot in this case. After following your steps I can see here that my GTX card is now working properly and now I am not having any such type of the problem. I would like to say thanks to all of you for giving me the right suggestion.