Thread: Need help for Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT Upgrades

Need help for Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT Upgrades

Hi all, I don’t know anything about the graphic cards and recently I am trying to get the some more information about the upgrading the graphic card. If you are having the idea about the graphic card then please reply me over here. And in the reply make the things very clear, I am saying this thing because I am totally new to use of the graphic card and I don’t have more information about the graphic card. And here is the configuration for my Computer:
    CPU: Intel Core?2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    Ram: 2.0 GB (Soon to be 4!)
    OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2, 32-bit
    Video Card: GeForce 8500 GT.

Re: Need help for Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT Upgrades

Let me give you some important information about the graphic card. And also stay within the power range of what your using.
    Some information on the Memory Bandwidth:Bandwidth is the maximum amount of data that can move through the external memory interface in a second. Is calculated by multiplying the width of the interface the memory speed. If the card has DDR RAM, multiply by 2 again. If DDR5, multiply by four in its place. The higher bandwidth of memory, the faster the card will be in general. It especially helps with anti-aliasing, HDR and screen resolution. Texel rate is the maximum amount of texture map elements that can be processed per second. This is calculated by multiplying the total number of texture units for the core clock speed of the chip. The higher the number, the better the video card is in the texture filtering). It is measured in millions of texels in a second. Pixel rate is the graphics card that could record in its local memory in a second - in millions of pixels per second. The number is calculated by multiplying the number of raster operations pipelines for core speed of the card. ROPs (Raster Operations Pipeline - aka Render Output Units) are responsible for the preparation of the pixels (picture) on the screen. The rate of real output pixel also depends on many factors, especially the memory bandwidth of the card - the lower bandwidth of memory, the lower the ability to achieve maximum filling rate.

Oh! Thank you so much for the reply. I think that is exactly the type of site I was looking for previous. And your suggestion is really very good for me. It helps me to know about the graphic cards more. Thanks again for that. Here I would like to ask one question that is graphics cards uniform? And also I would like to know that will any card fit in any machine? Or is there are some cards which I can’t use in any of the machine.

Hey sorry, I am not able to locate the edit button. Here also I would like to know that where and how I can buy the graphic card online. And also how can I confirm that I am selecting the right graphic card for me?

Hey me to also installed the new graphic card and also I don’t have more information about the graphic card. I am not having very high graphical demand, just I want that I can run everything with some decency. I like to play the games and some of my favorites are as Mass Effect/Dragon Age, Tropico 3.
    So I would like to know that in regards to the cards performance, will my graphic card will run fine? I think that your ATI card would need to be twice as good as an Nvidia card, it was just to be comparable graphically. I am not able to find any games which are not running fine while using the Nvidia cards. So I think that card is good and also they will work also in the terrible power supply like mine.

hey thanks for the ore information. But I want to upgrade my graphic card. I am also not getting that how the graphic cards are slot in the in motherboard? And I don’t know any information about my power supply and I don’t have any idea about anything in my computer. I just want a good upgrade that can I buy and plug in my system, without anything worry. I would like to know that is there is any graphic card that you will suggest for me? I am not able to open my case because I don’t have any anti-static wristband yet. And if there are no graphic card that will be compatible with the 8500 GT's power supply and size, then can you please suggest me that how can I upgrade my power supply. I don’t know that it might help but I would like to tell you that my computer is Pavilion Media Center m8170.uk-a. and thanks for your response for me.

Anyway, I ventured to open my computer Carefully and discovered that my power supply is 300 watts. I think my CPU uses about 105 watts, so you should leave me with the option of a graphics card with 150 watts or less? With 50 watts of headroom for safety. What would you recommend?

Hey if you want to upgrade the graphic card then you can check on the net for the latest graphic card that will support you’re your system and also for the compatibility to your system. I don’t have the list of the graphic card that’s why I am telling your to check on the net for the latest graphic card, sorry for that. But here I will suggest you that while getting the new graphic card for the upgrade, make sure that you have bought the right one for the upgrade. Else you will need to replace that one, also make sure that graphic card which you are thinking to buy is able to support your power supply.