Thread: Graphic card making tedious noise

Graphic card making tedious noise

Hi, I have build a newer PC, and it was working perfectly but don’t know what happened wrong as whenever I play the game on my machine it starts causing annoying rather tedious noise and really that is quite scary. And I am not that much aware about the computer and its hardware but still as far as I know all the hardware combination I have installed is almost perfect rather compatible with each other.

Any idea what could be the problem? is there any problem in my GPU only?

Re: Graphic card making tedious noise

Yeah there could be so many reasons with this kind of problems as though you have installed proper hardware but for running them we must have to have that much good software as well, and in other words you we can say that for running those hardware we need to have that particular drivers installed in the machine or else we keep getting different problem with the that particular hardware.

I am not sure whether the problem you have mentioned is because of the only, but still I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall all the older drivers in your machine and then see whether the same thing happens or not.

I used to do the same thing when such a problem occurs, and remember as you should try to install latest driver rather than the one you have already installed in the machine.

As you have mentioned that you are not that much aware about the computer hardware then how can you can you say that the hardware you are using is compatible with each other?

Thus according to me you should first of all hire a good hardware engineer and make sure about the hardware you have installed in the machine.

I was also having the same problem with my GPU and I after such huge effort I came to know that there is some problem with the FAN on my GPU as it was not working properly and was causing this kind of noise, thus according to me you should try to make sure whether you are having any such problem or not.
    Because see this is the only problem that you might have to replace the hardware for sure, without any other option.

Actually I have heard that whenever we install GPU in the machine then we should change other hardware as well such as its PSU as well, but when I checked I have 450Watts PSU, so I want to know that whether it is perfectly Ok with the nVidia GTX 560 GPU? Or I need to change it ? and if suppose there is any need of any other power supply then please recommend me any good model which would be compatible with my GPU.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

you are right actually there could be some problem with the power supply as well, I mean to say the GPU model you are using is the newer one and thus obviously it consumes more power so for that if possible you should try to make use of another power supply with more voltage. See the actuall thing is like GPU directly doesn’t consumes that much power but when it is been attached it make the mother to consumes more power together with another hardware.

You can have from 550 to 750Watts. But before buying that you can simply go through the GPU manual as well because from that only you’ll get the idea about the voltage it uses while attaching to the machine and according to that you have any one of PSU. But still the one you have is not ok according to me.

I was also having the same problem once with my GPU and it was because of the FAN speed that was set imperfectly. Thus after making it as it default it just stopped making noise.

Thus I would suggest you the same thing as make it to its default.

I am agree with the above user but still there could be some problem with overheating issues as well, are you sure that you CPU temperature is at normal, or have you ever had any symptoms regarding the temperature ever? If yes then you should try to make sure that the CPU FAN is working at the normal speed or not.

And when the CPU temperature went this much it starts affecting other hardware in the cabinet, thus you can have so many option to control the temperature and as you can use any thermal material on the heatsink or simply shift the machine to any cooler place.

I am not sure whether this could be the reason or not but still let me ask as whether this is happening when you start any particular game or with all the game same is happening?

Because see if this is happening only with particular game that means there could be some problem with the game and you should carry steps concerning that first.

Or else there could be some problem with your graphic card.

As far as power supply is concern according to me you should get “Antec TruePower Trio 650 Watt Power Supply Unit” as there are too many advantages of the same you can see blow.

• collective Input, repeatedly adjusts for 100V to 240V power grids

• vigorous “Power Factor Correction” (PFC) for environmentally friendlier power

• Three 12V output circuits offers additional system constancy

• precise power ranking permits TruePower Trio to deliver its full rated power, 24 hours a day rated at 50C

• 2p to 85% effectiveness

• 20mm low noise cooling fan, etc.

There are too many other very good models from corsair as well but here you have to make decision as there is quite difference in their price.

if you’re not getting any hint with the problem you should try to get an replacement for your GPU, because that’s the only thing left for resolving the issue.