Thread: BSOD with GTX550ti

sad BSOD with GTX550ti

I bought a GTX 550ti superclocked and a OCZ 850w ZX Series PSU in hopes that I could play some video games and do some video editing and photoshop. However, after installing both, I discovered that whenever the GPU was installed, I got BSOD. When I took it out, it was fine. I just built this computer, its not over half a year old, but took awhile to get parts. It took the span of June - Today, September Eight. Please help, this is beyond me knowledge...

Gigabyte G31M-ES2L Motherboard
    Gtx 550 ti superclocked
    OCZ 850w ZX Series PSU
    4gb Patriot Ram
    Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20ghz
    Windows XP Professional SP3 unverified.

(Could it be some faulty RAM? the 4gb?)

Re: BSOD with GTX550ti

Can you tell us what is the blue screen error message that you are getting? It might be a driver related issue, so have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver? You'd have to check the minidump to know for certain but I would initially say that the driver is causing the exception. If you just removed the previous card that was running fine on the drivers already installed you'll need to update to at least the drivers on the disc that came with the new video card.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

The BSOD I got over the summer should be the same as now, it flashes to quickly for me to see, but i took a video of it once. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqV2TX7v4D0
    *note that the motherboards are different, as well the card, and the PSU.

Also, i had no previous card installed on this mobo. I did instal the driver from the disk that came with the card, do you suggest i update it from their website?
    My current driver is 266.71

*also last night i tested each stick of ram individually, i still received the BSOD.

Well, if you had installed the drivers of the graphics card on your system then the "yellow ??" marks should not come and there shouldnt be any pop up regarding "found a new hardware". Also, I didnt see any blue screen error message in the youtube video? I guess you need to disable the onboard graphics by going into bios settings and choose plug and play device or something. Also go into safe mode and uninstall the graphics drivers and install the latest from either the manufacturer's website or nvidia.com.

oh my gosh, so all along it was a BIOs error? wow. I'll let you know later today when i get time to tinker with it (: Thanks!

I require guidance again. So I went into BIOS and found my settings like this, I wasn't sure if this is what you meant by having onboard card disabled, since it actually came, saying PCIe was the priority. I have included the picture that I saw in the BIOS menu and another took video to describe the BSOD loop that I get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A9oA5MOnxk

BSoD flashes at 0:57
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok, after looking at the error code, the most common cause for 0x7F BSODs is corrupted memory. So you will have to run Memtest or any test on your RAM. See if it report any errors. Let it run for a while 2-4 hours or overnight. You would also need to check out Speedfan and or MBM5 to see if your voltages are correct.

I tested each stick individually, as well as swapping out two additional sticks, is it the actual slot that is corrupted or the memory stick?

*Also, I attached a sceenie of the Speedfan program. I don't understand what it's talking about so I just decided to attach it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dylanmmm; 11-09-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Can you try reinstalling windows again since you have purchased new hardware and installed it in the same motherboard. One of my computers didn't like one of the Windows update. You should have uninstalled it from the add/remove programs. Try reinstalling windows and put all your drivers back on. Run a test on 3dmark. Then add your programs and stuff you need. See what causes the problem. And don't overclock.

Okay, I'll try it and let you guys know. thanks (: