Thread: 2011 Plasma vs LCD vs DLP HDTV Technology

2011 Plasma vs LCD vs DLP HDTV Technology

Does anybody know about the challenging HDTV technologies measure up to at the present time? The comparison I am talking about is Plasma vs LCD vs DLP. I am not looking for old technologies. I am just looking forward to know the 2011 generation technology and their comparison.

Re: 2011 Plasma vs LCD vs DLP HDTV Technology

Who goes shopping for a new television nowadays is a choice of LCD and plasma TVs. Both are flat TVs, but technique is totally different. To store a good choice it is advisable you do well to read this material, so you do not fool leave. With the old tube television with the choice a lot easier. If a budget in mind, could then choose from a diagonal and 50Hz or 100Hz. The differences were clear: 50Hz was cheaper, but was restless to the eyes, 100Hz was more expensive, but looked more comfortable..

Who wants a big TV buy should not only care for LCD or Plasma. There is also a third and not insignificant player on the market, namely DLP. In most shops you will find unfortunately often only LCD and Plasma, but who wants a bit of searching, can certainly buy a DLP TV.

Overall, the DLP (Digital Light Processing) is a technique for projecting the image through a chip composed of thousands of micro-mirrors whose mission (in moving) to divert and change a light beam towards a target.

The LCD and Plasma flat screens are using two slabs of glass (well theoretically). Between the two panels that display operation is performed (and is different between the two technologies). For LCD, it is a combination of polarizing filters and liquid crystal whose mission is to change the light path to obtain the desired image via the front plate.

For plasmas, these electrodes whose role is to excite a neon-xenon gas mixture producing ultraviolet radiation. This radiation strikes the inside of the rear plate. Divided into thousands of small cells (pixels), this slab is covered with a phosphorescent material producing the reproduction of the image via the front plate.

I have compared the $3,000 Sony XBR on the way to the $1,000 Sony EX 620/720 now, together lcd/led technology at the Sony store. For the additional 2K, the dissimilarity now isn't there. In my space that has loads of ambient light sources the dull LCD display works WAY superior, than the further luxurious screen through Gorilla glass..
    Plasma can appear overwhelming, other than through the reflections from ambient light within the room on top of the monitor extremely distracting, it was a clear option to set out LCD.

I also happen to watching a new TV is actually an LCD now, I have many things many TVs seen also DLP's they have a very nice sharp images especially those new to Samsung (sp-50lhx) the viewing angle is great but that other

I do not know what gives the DLP but I recently bought a Samsung LCD (LE26R51B), 66cm diagonal, and this TV is "HD READY". This means that it is ready for high definition and has an HDMI (HDMI is a digital terminal carrying the image and sound, DVI carries the image). Future consoles will have a DVI output, High definition. I am very happy with my LCD, my PS2 and Gamecube games go very well.

If you ask the question, the plasma is not for you.

Plasma is more susceptible to burning phosphorus if you listen to programs that are not 16:9, as channel RDI that have menus at all times or a game console or computer is connected. There are people who will say that these problems no longer exist. Nothing is further from the truth. But I will not begin to explain the half-life of phosphorus and how quickly the user phosophore to eliminate differences between the parties and non-sewage waste...

I will not say that the image of the LCD is as good as a plasma but only those who want to calibrate (or to calibrate) the TV and will seek to maximize their TV, will notice the difference ... Again, if you ask the question, you're not one of them.

I would like to inform you that go for DLP ... If you want to change bulbs $ 400 each year, if you can live with a TV where the image is degraded if you're not sitting almost directly in front. But the TV itself is not expensive and the image is large.