Thread: Blue screen after running driver update for ATI Radeon on Asus EAH 5770

Blue screen after running driver update for ATI Radeon on Asus EAH 5770

I run a driver update to install the graphic. I formatted my system and everything is wiped out. Anyhow luckily I found the driver disk. It is old but I think this works. After all things went fine, my system gave me blue screen on first boot. I hope this will not be frequent.

Re: Blue screen after running driver update for ATI Radeon on Asus EAH 5770

It can be due to your video card. If our video card is not configured into the system then whenever you start your system you get an indication saying new hardware found. You have to run a driver update after that. Some gpu needs software which are provided by the manufacturer. Like Catalyst Control Center. In tat you can see more configuration settings and intact by improper configuration the video quality is poor.

You can open your system case and check that the gpu is fitted properly on the motherboard. Any loose connection can cause system crash. So open up you system case and check the connection. If you are having additional pci slot you can change the gpu to another port. Go in bios and set to the optimum settings. The driver cd which you found can be old. Better go on official website and manually download a fresh driver update. It is recommended. Because new updates work much better than older one. Run a fresh driver updates and then check back. Blue screen crash are directly related to hardware. Ram is the first cause. But as you are getting issue due to gpu then do not need to touch any other thing.

I did a firmware update for my gpu sometime before. My video performance was bad, so I updated my bios and run a fresh firmware update for the gpu. The system is working nice now.

Here are the steps you can do once to re-install your gpu.
    • First insert the CD-ROM you received with the gpu. This cd posses the drivers of your graphic card and you cannot ignore this. If you lost you can go on the official website of your card manufacturer and download the same.
    • This steps are for newlly formatted system. When you reboot the system automatically detects the hardware and run new hardware installation wizard.
    • The cd also has an auto installer. When you insert it the disc auto-plays and run the driver setup. You just need to follow the onscreen wizard. Complete the full procedure even it is needed to reboot many times.
    • Once all is done fine right click on My Computer > Properties > Device Manager. Check in this that you can see the graphic card is installed or not. There should not be any kind of exclamation mark here.
    • Once things goes well on the system tray you can see the control center to configure your gpu settings. Check the most appropriate video settings.

It can also be due to corrupt drive. Better get a fresh download. You can found that easily on the official website. Also go in your bios and do not forget to set your display properties on vga/hdmi. This is applicable if your gpu fails to respond, atleast you can run on vga to troubleshoot.