Thread: Is it possible to run latest video games with my current specification

Is it possible to run latest video games with my current specification

I want help to verify my current system configuration and provide me an appropriate information. My system configuration is listed below :
    • Cpu : Intel Core i3
    • Motherboard : Intel DH55TC
    • Graphic Card : ATI HD 4000 Series
    • Memory : 4GB DDR3 Ram
    • Monitor : 22" LG LED

This is an glimpse of my systems configuration. I got a quote for this and the seller is suggesting this can be used to play new gaming pc. Now I want to is this enough or I need to add more. Right now I have a tight budget, but it is always worth to spend some amount more for once instead of future updates.

Re: Is it possible to run latest video games with my current specification

The cpu is fine but in my views go for an higher graphic card and motherboard. You know that there are some games today which comes with better game engine and they need some addition technology like pixel shader to run the games. If that is absent then the game will surely crash on your system. Along with a good amount of storage is also needed. So do not go for low configuration to adjust the budget. Gaming pc are costly and one time investment. You will get more space if you go for AMD systems. Look for iBuypower they have pre-configure gaming pc.

I have some suggestion to go for an gaming pc. It does not matter the cpu power, for a gaming pc the RAM, CPU & GPU. So this three things are important to configure. And for the motherboard any compatible board which can run all three and provide you upgrade options for future is enough.

Gaming PC can be costly. Intel Core i3 + Intel board can go more than 10K and now there is a second generation out. Higher processors Intel Core i5 / i7 can eat up your budget. And on that GPU is additional cost. What I think any 1GB mid-range gpu support with processor like Core 2 Duo and 4GB ram can be enough to deal with new games. For lan games an additional gaming lan card can be added to gain more advantage. Or else there are tons of options you can go for. In my views invest more on graphic card and power supply for stable performance. Other things are manageable as per need and remains constant for longer time.

Other than this for faster performance good cooling support on your pc is also play very important role. Do not go for overclocking stuff. That reduces your cpu life and even degrades the future performance.

A budget gaming pc consist of all elements. In your case increase your gpu. I have a small suggestion for buying a budget gaming pc which can be helpful for you at the time of purchase.
    • Motherboard : Right now the chipset which can be better for a budget gaming system is MSI 870-G45. You can run AMD Phenom II cpu on this with 6 core support. The board has many nice features like CrossFire support to run multiple gps. As it is a new board you can run more DDR3 sticks. There are more possibilities in this board to unlock the hidden core of amd cpu.
    • CPU : Go for AMD Phenom II X2 565 Black Edition. This is cpu is somewhat similar to Intel Core i5/i7. But the price is lower than Intel. AMD has a nice name in market for graphic output and that is why mostly for gaming AMD systems are recommended.
    • RAM : Any high megahertz ram of 4GB is good enough.
    • GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB is the recommended one. This is an new card with an graphic output of 1920x1080 maximum.
    • System Case : Do not spend much on system case. Go for any tradition case which have more than 500w psu support. Thats enough.

I own a Core i5 system which is really awesome. The system has 1GB nvidia gpu support. I got the same at the time of purchase. A better gpu is a wiser choice for gaming pc.

Have a look on the specification of PowerColor Radeon HD 4870 X2. It is an costly card but recommended for high end gaming. Surely this is not going to get fit in the gaming budget, but at the time of purchase at least you can have a look on the same. Other than this, Nvidia and AMD provides a wide range of gpu's you can go for. You can choose the one which you want as per your need. Keep your drivers updated regularly.

Below is an list of some of budget gpus that you can opt for. Go through each specification to have a proper look on the cards. Among this card any one can fit your needs.
    • GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    • GeForce GTX 460 (768MB)
    • Radeon HD 6790
    • Radeon HD 6770
    • HD 5770 and HD 5750
    • GeForce GT 430
    • Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT / GT 240
    • Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
    • Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX / GTS 250
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

If you are on a tight budget and you are game freak like me than go for core i3 2100 processor. It is the best budget gaming cpu and though it does not have four physical cores it can process four threads. And it gives you the same performance in gaming as phenom x4 955 black edition and phenom x6 1055t and in many games give you about 5fps more. You should get it under 130$. Get a motherboard with pci e 2.0 slot with support for sli. It should be around 100$. Then for the gpu get yourself msi n550 gtx ti oc. It will be around 150$ in india. And let me tell you that with this config you can play any game at max resolution and at max settings with dx 11 except metro 2033.. Happy gaming