Thread: How to save my LCD Monitor from Spot and scratches?

How to save my LCD Monitor from Spot and scratches?

Hello Friends I am recently having a laptop and as it is getting older its getting some spot and some scratches. So friends Can anyone tell me here how to save my LCD Screen from spot and scratches as I want save my laptop and want my laptop to be brand new for long. Any suggestion in this regard will be heartily welcome. I was wondering if there are any precautions or actions I shall be taking. I have relatives coming over quite normally, and am rather worried when my little nephews start poking in the region of the monitor. I've heard that LCD screens get scratched quite easily, so I'm a bit concerned about sharp objects, like fingernails, getting near it lol. What kind of extra safety measures should I take?

Re: How to save my LCD Monitor from Spot and scratches?

Try covering it when it is not being used; also try avoiding keeping the monitor near windows clean with LCD cleaning cloth and solution to get rid of spots and scratches. But one think I could not figure out was that how did you get the scratches on the LCD. It’s weird to have scratches on the LCD screen any ways you follow my suggestion that will definitely be helping you.

Yeah! Scratches on LCD Screen that’s weird.

You should be noticing the fact that An LCD screen is not an ordinary Glass screen so keep it covered. And by no means open any liquid content or keep spill-able liquids close to it. I was opening a tube of ELFY near my DELL 24", and it squirted on the screen bottom left and middle bottom. Luckily it holds fast to transparent, but it can never be removed now.

One thing you can do is you can Use transparent screen guards, But you need to use that only when you are using the LCD screen too much your LCD badly otherwise getting scratches is very rare case. For spots on your screen you can use lens cleaning liquid.

Thanks for the suggestion but I would like to ask you that do you know any good lens cleaning liquid. Can you suggest me some good from where I can get this Lens cleaning liquid?

My proposal to stay the screen as perfect as you can is NEVER to use those LCD screen cleaner kits (spray and cloths) on it unless completely necessary and if you do make certain you wipe in small round motions and apply as small pressure as promising. Ideally try to keep away from coughing or sneezing (or turn away from the screen!) altogether so you only have to wipe away the dust quietly with a very soft cloth (the kind you usually get with HDTVs).

though you can clean any LCD screen with a 1:1 solution of distilled water/isopropyl alcohol, by means of an old cotton T-shirt or hankie, it is suggested that you obtain the proper cleaning solutions and cloths to clean your LCDs. Many of these LCD screens are very expensive items, proper cleaning kits such as Klear or iKlear should be used to clean and keep your LCD displays in a brittle clear pristine state.

by no means spray any cleaning solutions straight onto the screen; spray it into the cleaning cloth. Very smoothly wipe the screen in a round motion. Do not press hard on the cloth. Let the cleaning solution do its job. Doesn’t press hard or touch the screen with your fingers or you may leave oily prints and smears? Don't leave any liquid on the screen; remove all excess moisture as it may damage your screen. Let the LCD screen dry thoroughly before you switch it back on. For hard to remove stains or ink marks you might be doing it again this process several times. Don't apply firm pressure; keep in mind you can also buy special cleaners for heavy ink marks and the like.

Thanks friends I have my LCD clean any LCD screen with a 1:1 solution of distilled water/isopropyl alcohol, by means of an old cotton T-shirt or hankie,wipe away the dust quietly with a very soft cloth and I am pleased to see the thing working now for me I think its working for me also I am trying to save it from dust and other staining things . Thanks Guys for your advice.