Thread: Graphics card for Dell XPS and Dimension 400/9150

Graphics card for Dell XPS and Dimension 400/9150

My graphic card Nvidia Geforce 7800 has damaged and now I am looking for a replacement but I'm not certain what type of graphic card to purchase at the present. I don’t know much about these things so help is very much appreciated. I don't wish for whatever thing excessively luxurious, not anything in excess of 100$. I just would like it to be capable to grip a few gaming as well as some photo editing (not 3D).

re: Graphics card for Dell XPS and Dimension 400/9150

You have either Intel GMA or inside the Nvidia, are usually the graphics card for notebook ONBOARD graphics cards, this is because the graphics cards of notebooks to power the battery (longer term) are used, so no exchange is possible, except at high cost connected at the dealer, which does not pay in the end. Memory increase foci to the graphics card more successful, unfortunately, limited, but it has often no other option, and the result depends very much on the clock on (if the graphics card really need RAM memory), the Nvidia it would be DDR3 memory to DDR2. As already mentioned, I also find the 2GB be sufficient for not too excessive jumps in 3D games and Dell, it is well known for the extra construction, I can say this because I have a DELL PC.

I find Dell to be expensive. For the same money you get loose an Acer with better equipment. Some have already sold. And provide the Amount for the money. The 8400 is not really a hit! Would at least recommend a 8600GT.

You can put whatever you want as graphics card in pci-e, in theory. Indeed, the power dimension of 8400 is quite low (300W), I know she can hold a X850XT PE. I think you can take a 7600GT in consolidated it must be good and it's well within your budget, I think it does you will not be very useful to take a higher-end cards since you are limited by the power of your PSU, and you will not get far with 530j.

Your choice of stops to take a PCI graphics card since it is the only type of port available; unfortunately it will greatly constrain the performance.

You need you to be more accurate. What is your motherboard exactly? AGP or PCI Express? If you do not know if this is not indicated in the manual, open your case and look at the name of the motherboard. Alternatively download “Everest "software simple that you perpetrate to know your graphics card ... and many other things. The 3D Elite in the direct performance comparison, we compare 45 benchmark NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT and 7800 GTX ATI Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition! In addition, measure the sound level of radiator and investigate the efficiency of the cooler design. Having 22.06.2005 NVIDIA's new GeForce 7800 GTX GPU could imagine, duel of the 7800 GTX reference card from NVIDIA to ATI's fastest graphics chip, the Radeon X850XT-PE. Here, the GeForce 7800 GTX GPU redeems the premature praise, which had already promised the preview.

Furthermore, I wonder what you want with a video card upgrade. You might want to connect two monitors or something? In graphics performance you have hardly improved. And observe that the power of such a card is pulled, a SFF case of Dell or a 160W power supply or a 250W power supply. The 160W power supply I think is too small for a GeForce 6200.

Re: Graphics card for Dell XPS and Dimension 400/9150

If you want to play the very first thing you have is deves of RAM and a dual-core processor because it is not going to run a game and more chingon like crysis that consumes a lot because if you play a heavy game processor is not much information to process and you will be warmed up and locking your machine and you have all this ps I would recommend. If you are rich a nvidia 9800 GTX xD and if you're a pauper like me xD gt 9400 or 9500 or 9700.
    Charging at you down the manual for this Dell computer. Then look at the manual, which motherboard is installed. Of interest is the slot for the graphics card. Probably your computer has an AGP slot. In this case, it will work closely with appropriate Grakas, because there are hardly any AGP cards.