Thread: Samsung PN50C7000 plasma screen Tearing

Samsung PN50C7000 plasma screen Tearing

Few days ago I have got a Samsung PN50C7000 plasma to put back my older Samsung DLP TV. I'm pleased with it up to now apart from while I play my PS3 otherwise Xbox 360 on it (together connected by the use of HDMI cables and set within game mode) the display appears to tear within the upper third piece of the monitor each 15 minutes or so. I'm assuming that's the accurate expression for what is occurring since the peak third of the display doesn't appear to assemble through the underneath 2 thirds. It occurs on together consoles with each single game I've played on it. The tearing simply lasts some seconds, except it's pretty annoying that it keeps experience constantly. I also did the firmware on the TV and not at all had the trouble on the elder DLP TV. Is there whichever method to avoid this?

Re: Samsung PN50C7000 plasma screen Tearing

Classical tearing ("tearing" of the image), if you think that at all, and which has nothing to do with streaking, comes from the image output device (console) and not on TV. That you had also to other LCD TVs. It's not the Samsung. Often helps to tearing, the resolution issued at the console to lower. But not always. Some games tend to be basically tearing. Since then only one would explicit VSync. Option in-game help. Gibts in PC games often rare in console games. Streaking (blurred contours in motion) is something completely different.

For the PC must also be active Vsync goes away so that the tearing, I think but not that one is in the PS3 or one can issue, I think it default one, and thus it must lie on the telly. Tearing caused by asynchronous FPS and heart-number (if I'm not mistaken), slow reaction Times also contribute.

Tearing annoys me that many PS3 games animal. The demos of Timeshift, GT5 Prologue, MX vs. ATV, Uncharted, PES, all have I think is pretty annoying tearing. I have exactly the games now tested on 3 TV's (Samsung LCD, Panasonic Plasma, still a newer Samsung LCD), with all the tearing is equally strong. So should we test 50 televisions so you find one that is experiencing no tearing? That will not go into my head. Many games that run fast but also have not! So completely I'm still not clear, I think.

The TV is based on a fixed frame rate and can also represent stable. If the console or the PC but not in a position from which television required number of images per second is to provide (whether more or fewer frames per second), then the TV can display the picture but only partially and it comes to tearing. If it did, indeed dynamically adjust the TV's refresh rate to the signal. I know of no device, whether television or computer monitor, which does this.

The thing with V-sync is when you have such as 54 fps, you indicate that he is only 30 fps, because he does not receive a full 60 frames and then skips the intermediate steps. Since most monitors are still running at 60 Hz, above all frames are completely wasted. If one has taken only 71 or 101 fps, which makes for a 60Hz monitor any difference? NO MATTER WHAT claim some other people. The Xbox itself provides a maximum of 60 frames in games less often. There are no 100-Hz settings. The TV has but certainly appropriate settings. Look to see if the problem is still at 50/60 Hz. Some TVs have also been made a corresponding game mode.