Thread: Unable to get proper resolution in Samsung syncmaster SA350

Unable to get proper resolution in Samsung syncmaster SA350

I am using computer in which I am using NVIDIA 460 graphics card and I have recently bought Samsung syncmaster SA350 LCD screen. Now when I connect the screen and set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 at that time it automatically adjust the screen size and I can see black pixels rows on the right side of the monitor. Now please tell me what should I do to get the full resolution properly?

Re: Unable to get proper resolution in Samsung syncmaster SA350

I think you might be using DVI port of computer to connect your screen and I will recommend you to use the HDMI port to connect with your monitor and after that check whether it makes any difference. I am telling you this because some DVI port fails to give proper resolutions. First try this trick and after that check whether it makes any difference or not. If you still get the same problem after that then let me know.

Have you tried to connect your Samsung syncmaster SA350 with different machines? If you have not tried yet then first connect your Samsung syncmaster SA350 with other computer and after that check whether same problem is coming or not, if you are getting the proper solution with other computer then I think there might be something wrong with your computer and if same problem comes then there might be something wrong with your monitor.

I think you should try to solve this problem by using the auto adjust features in your screen. By using these features your monitor will adjust the screen size according to your selected resolution. There was similar problem occurred with my monitor also and after that I have tried to solve this issue by using the auto adjust feature. Now I am getting proper resolution in my monitor. I think you should also try this solution to fix this issue.

By changing the refresh rate in your computer you can solve this issue. if you want to change the refresh rate then you have to follow this steps and after doing this your problem will get solved. First you have to select the screen resolution by doing right click on the desktop and after that you have to click on the Samsung setting and then you have to click on the advance setting. Now after doing that you have to select the monitor tab and then you have to change the refresh rate.

After referring your replies I have tried to solve this issue by doing changing the cable and I have also tried to connect my Samsung syncmaster SA350 with HDMI cable but that doesn’t make any difference and with other machines also I am getting the same problem. Now after that I have also use auto adjust features in my screen but it didn’t help me to solve this issue. Now please tell me how to get rid of this issue.

As you have said that after changing the refresh rate in your system also you are having the same problem with your Samsung syncmaster SA350 monitor and after going through that I will suggest you that contact the contact the Samsung service center and ask for the solution regarding this problem. Now after that they will give you proper solution regarding this issue. I hope after that your problem will get solved.